THIRTY-THREE.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Grayson

"You can convert a galvanometer into a voltmeter by connecting it-"

"-in series with a high resistance multiplier." I mentally completed Mr. Shakira's statement though my mind was miles away from the class.

I glanced at Alejandro who sat two seats by my left, the middle seat was empty. Why was he avoiding? Why did he go off like that in the hallway? Does he think stepbrothers holding hands was weird? Is he disgusted by me?

He wore a stoic face straight at the chalkboard like he was soulless, only his body was present. He was brooding.

Fiddling with the pen behind my ear, a certain voice brought me back to class.

"My name is Montgomery Monday and I hate the colour green."

I turned my head towards the voice to see an unfamiliar guy, standing in front of the classroom with a mini Supreme crossbag hanging across his features.

"Nice to meet you, Montgomery. Take a seat anywhere you want."

His turquoise eyes browsed the whole class as he deliberated on where to sit. He puckered his lips slightly in thought-Alejandro does that all the time.

His well-defined neck, frilly honey hair and strangely sexy, thin lips entailed all the masculine features that made most girls eye him seductively, even boys, but he didn't seem to care.

But there was definitely something about the way Alejandro looked at him.

His eyes finally landed on the empty seat between us and lit up like he just made the wisest life decision. He walked towards us with so much grace and splendor.

Who is this guy?

"Hey. I'm new." His tenor shook me.

"I know." I said flatly.

"Oh haha." He let out a hearty laugh-as if I told a really funny joke-that made people made glance at us. He got Mr. Shakira's attention but the teacher was too careless to even care. "I swear we're gonna be great friends."

"Okay?" I replied, unsure.

"So what's your name?"

"Grayson."

"Your first name man."

"It is." I lightly frowned.

"Oh." He nodded and turned to the person on his other side-Alejandro who was facing the lecture nonchalantly.

"Hey Gingie." He waved and the latter turned with an incredulous look on his face.

"Excuse me?" He. . .seethed?

I didn't know what made me laugh. Whether it was the way Montgomery didn't look like he cared that he tampered with Alejandro's fuse or the latter's reaction.

Nevertheless, I stifled my laughter to avoid the physics teacher's unpredictable wrath.

*