Chapter Nine

Rainbow Dash's P.O.V
After crying for so long I stand up and head to the cafeteria. I need to talk to Scoots... now my friends hate me she's all I have. I cant tell them why I didn't show up for a week. Would they even believe it? I doubt it as...well...they've left me. It's abundantly clear they don't trust me. I sigh, keeping my gaze locked on the floor. I make sure to avoid eye shot of the girls, feeling like it'll be easier for all of us. They clearly hate me...or at least think I'm a bad friend. The latter may be worse. I always thought I was a good one... it hurts to know I was wrong.

"Hey Scoots." I say.
"Rainbow Dash." she replies, rather cooly.
"You ok?" I ask her, wondering why she is acting cold.
"None of your business." she mutters. "I hardly even see you anymore... Plus it's obvious you're hiding stuff from me! We're supposed to be like sisters but sisters don't hide stuff! I can't believe I ever looked up to you! Just leave me alone..."
"But Scoots..." I whisper.
"But nothing!" she snaps. "Are you going to tell me what you're hiding?" I shake my head. "Them leave me alone Rainbow." I leave, my shoulders slumping. On the way out I throw my untouched food in the bin.

I walk over to the Wonderbolts trial list and nearly cross my name out.
"What are you doing?" a voice, a Wonderbolt, asks.

Soarin's P.O.V
Rainbow Dash has tried out for the Wonderbolts many times. She's more than good enough to get in- Spitfire has admitted that- but won't let her in. She's sworn us to secrecy but each year gets closer to letting Rainbow Dash in. The girl has a certain determination and has never given in. That's why I'm shocked to see her about to cross her name off the list.

"What are you doing?" I ask. She looks up, her eyes dim.
"What does it look like?" she asks. I understand why she's so down. Everyone is already talking about her friends and the younger girl falling out with her.
"Giving up is a bit of a bad idea..." I say, honestly. "You've wanted this... how long? Years? And you're quitting? Don't you want to prove to your friends that you can still achieve stuff?"
"Well...yeah..." she replies.
"Exactly." I state. She puts the pen away.
"Good luck with the trials." I say.

Spitfire's P.O.V
I, in all honesty, know Rainbow Dash could be a Wonderbolt. Easily. The problem is me...or my feelings at least. No. I don't hate her. It's the exact opposite. I've had a crush on her for a while and spending that much time together...I may accidently tell her. She'd never feel the same way about me. Besides I have to do my attitude of leader/sargent to newbies and she'd wind up hating me.

However, despite that, it's getting harder to not let her in. Despite how many times she hasn't got in she keeps trying. That's a determination you have to admire. Besides my crush for her isn't going away...its growing.

Rainbow Dash's P.O.V
Soarin is really lucky for several reasons.
-He's a Wonderbolt
-He gets to see Spitfire everyday
-He's friends with Spitfire
Wish I was friends with her... I have a crush on her but there's no way she can stand me. Then again she yells at everyone so she might not completely hate me...?

Who am I kidding? If Scoots hates me she probably does too.