Chapter Twelve

Spitfire's P.O.V
It's been nine days since I spoke to Rainbow Dash. I've seen her around school...truth be told it looks like she's getting worse. I head to the gym, having had a large breakfast. She's on the treadmill again but I don't think she should be. Her face is whiter than snow and her eyes are drooping. Her knuckles are clenched so tightly that they're pure white. The shadows under her eyes are more potent than before and, even though she can normally run for ages at speeds for ages, she looks like she can't run much longer.

I'm right. Her eyes droop closed, she collapses to the ground. Her leg skims against the treadmill but she doesn't react. Her head rests on her arm and her breathing is slightly irregular.
"Rainbow Dash?" I ask, cautiously. I kneel by her and shake her arm gently. No response. She needs to get to the nurses office... I'm glad I do gymnastics- it means I can easily pick her up and carry her to the nurse.
"What's wrong with her?" I ask.
"Severe exsauation." she replies. "When she wakes up she'll need to go home."
"I'll drive her- make sure she doesn't collapse again." I offer. The nurse nods in agreement.

Rainbow Dash's P.O.V
I open my eyes, extremely confused. I'm on the nurses office and my leg stings.
"You ok, Rainbow Dash?" Spitfire asks.
"No. I'm not." I whisper. I can never help but to be more honest with her. Escpecially since no one else talks to me.
"When did you last have a proper nights sleep?" she asks.
"Um...a...um...week ago. I think?" I say, not sure. "Maybe longer." Her eyes narrow.
"I'm driving you home to make sure you don't collapse again. Come on." she says, leading me to the car.
"Thanks..." I say.
"No worries..." she replies. "Why haven't you been sleeping?""
"Stress." I reply. True...but not the whole truth.

We drive in silence for a few minuites when my stomach rumbles again.
"When you'd last eat?" she enquires.
"Yesterday." I lie.
"Rainbow Dash..." she says, knowing I'm lying.
"Fine...not for a while." I admit.
"We're stopping for food." she states. "No objections." I look at the floor again. Well. Collapsing in front of my crush is embarrassing.

Spitfire's P.O.V
It's pretty worrying to see someone collapse. Even worse as I have a crush on her. We stop at McDonald's.
"What would you like?" I ask her.
"Small fries please..." she says. I glare at her. No. Not enough. Escpecially when she hasn't ate for a while. I order her a large fries and mc flurry.
"I'll pay you back when I get home." she says, nibbling at the food.
"Don't worry bout it." I state. "$3.50 dollars aren't going to kill me." She's probably stubborn enough to pay me anyway. After a while she's finished.

We get to the flat she lives in. It's smallish and neat...except pieces of  shattered glass near a broken mirror.
"Want a drink?" she asks.
"Do you have tea?" I ask. She nods. "Tea then please." She gets the milk out the fridge and gags as she opens it. Guessing it's outta date.
"OK...water then please." I say. She gets it and passes it over. We make idle chat for a bit then I leave.

I cant help to worry about her collapsing again.