Chapter Twenty-Eight

Spitfire's P.O.V
It's been two weeks since we found out what happened to Dash. After much deliberation I've decided to tell her I like her. It'll be a lot easier if i get that weight off my shoulders. Plus it even said in the letter she liked me...I can only hope she still feels so. Maybe she's moved on? Maybe she likes someone else? I sigh
"You ok?" A.J asks me. I've got to know them better since the...incident...with Dash's suicide attempt.
"Yes...i just like someone and I don't know if I should tell them." I admit.
"It's Dash, isn't it?" she asks.
"How'd you know?" I ask, clearly shocked.
"It's pretty obvious." she says, with a shrug.
"So...should I tell her?" I question. She nods, rapidly, in confirmation. They're good friends so I may as well take her advice.

I go to where Dash is reading a book. A very dull looking algebra book. Her eyes have glazed over, there's no way she wants to be reading it. I know she hates math. In fact it's often said she falls asleep in class.
"Hey Dash." I greet, sitting by her.
"Hey." she replies, looking up from the book.
"Why you reading that?" I ask, motioning to the book.
"I've missed a lot of class...hospital and so on." she replies. "Only problem being I cant stand math and get distracted from it by litrually anything."
"If you want I could study with you." I offer. "I never concintrate in maths."
"Sure!" she replies, perking up. I smile, happy she wants to spend time with me. I'm about to leave. Then my nerves crumble. I will tell her. I have too. Otherwise my emotions will be a permanent battlefield.

"Um..there's something I wanna tell you..." I begin. She looks up from her book, her expression curious. I take a deep breath, making sure I don't look her in the eyes. I could get lost in their maze of wonder.
"I've had a crush in you for ages...I was just to scared to tell you so. Not telling you...was a mistake. My crush only grew." I admit. My voice trails off. "I know since I was a jerk and was so horrible you probaly don't feel the same now." She looks a trifle shocked.
"Actually I do." she whispers. "I just thought you'd never like me." A smile forms on my face.
"Wanna go out for lunch or something?" I ask. She puts the book down and nods.
"Definitely!" she says, ethustistically.

We leave together, me extremely happy, her looking the same.

I finally told her, and I'm glad I did.