Chapter 4

Lance ignored everyone calling him back as he rushed to his room locking the door once again. Soon after there was a soft knock on the door. "Lance..?" It was Keith. "Lance if you don't open up I'm coming in." Lance rolled his eyes, "I changed the password so you can't-"

Just as he said that Keith opened the door. "How did you-?"

"Dame mas gasolina- You sing that song everywhere you go" Keith smiled a little and laughed. "I hum the song! How do you even know the lyrics, hmm??" Keith shrugged, "That's not important." He walked up to lance and wrapped his arms around him. "I used to have the same problem" Keith said quietly. Lance looked a little surprised.  "Keith..?"

"When my mom left me I blamed myself.. When my dad died I blamed myself... When I was traded from family to family, abused and scared I believe everything was all my fault"

"How... How did you stop?" Keith sat on the bed, Lance sitting with him.  "It was Voltron.. And you. The time here made me think about things, I never asked to be a paladin, I never thought I'd be normal or even worth anything. But the lion chose me, and it made me think I could do something right. Gave me a bit of hope.. And you-" He smiled a little, "I was so busy hating you I was too busy to think about myself.. And when I realized I had feelings for you? It was so messed up and I felt terrible but I thought, if you knew, if you saw my hurt myself like that. What would you do? It's weird to say how much hating you helped" Lance leaned back, "So then... What do I do? To stop?" He asked. Keith looked over at him, "Well.. It's different for everyone and it's not a one-day cure... But I can help you if you want? I'll stay with you at night to help with the bad dreams you have and if you feel like hurting yourself you come to me ok? I have a little plan to help that" Lance leaned his hand on Keith chest, just having someone like Keith helped him feel better.

 There was another knock on the door, "Lance? It's Hunk are you ok?"

"Ok?" He repeated. "I don't know, probably not-"

"I'm coming in" Great, everyone must know his password.. Or one told the other recently... "I- Is this a bad time? I can some back?"

"I was just leaving." Keith removed his arm from around Lance, might as well not hide if he was out to Hunk already. He kissed Lanced cheek, "I'll be back later ok?" Lance nodded and Keith left giving a little wave to the two as he left.

After that Lance fanboy-ed and told Hunk everything. Even about the self-harm, he said it's be going on since before the Garrison and that no one could've stopped it, though Keith is going to try and help him. "Hunk, I know Keith isn't 'out' yet. So until he wants to be can you keep this a secret?"

"The real question, is can you keep it secret?"

"Probably not.." They both laughed a little. "But I'll have to try" He said with a little smile, "At least till this thing wears off.