Chapter 10 (Getting To Know Each Other)

Jake's POV

         I opened the door for May then helped her to step up in the car to sit, I walked to the other side of the car opened the door then sat behind the drivers seat then drove off.

"Do you mind telling me about yourself?" May turned to me, her bottle green eyes stared at my face.

"Well...." I started " I'm from Mexico but I moved in with my wife... ex wife, I'm 23, both my parents live in California, well that's all there is to know."

"Who was your first wife?" May asked, my face fell "Never mind."  I guess she sensed the uneasiness on that topic.

"Tell me about yourself." I asked looking at her then back on the road.

"Ever since I was born I always got bullied at school. I had a boyfriend in grade 10 all the way to grade 11 then I had found out that he was cheating on me with April Homes" May raised her voice a little while a tear ran down on her cheek " Everyone thought she was a shy girl on till everyone found out that she have slept with almost all the boys in the school, she ruined my life. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, my twin brother whom I loved the most died in a car crash. My parents didn't have any money to take care of me so they sent my here to California to live in a hotel, so it was up to me to make enough money to make me stay there. Then I got a job here because of my good grades" May finished playing with my finger trying her best not to cry.

      By the time she finished talking, I had already pulled up at the restaurant and started to walk in. I saw Mark in a corner with a gorgeous woman talking. I notified May to walk that way, we reach the table, took a seat and started to talk.