5 - EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW

ANGRBODA WAS APPROACHED by an agent who showed her the quarters put at her disposition. She left the door half open and walked in with silent curiosity. It was a spacious room, brightly lit by fluorescent lights and minimally furnished with a bed and a beside table.

"Hope you're making yourself comfortable."

She jumped in surprise and turned around to find a man, whom she had not heard come in, standing in the door frame. She'd never seen him before, but the slightly patronizing tone and, mostly, the eye patch, gave her a pretty good idea his identity.

"It'll do for one night," she said.

He breathed in and took a few steps towards her "I'm Director Nick Fury the—"

"I know who you are," she nodded "I know all about your organisation by now."

He had his hand extended toward her and Angrboda remembered how Tony had done the same to Bruce earlier. She recalled Bruce shaking Tony's hand and figured that's what Fury was expecting her to do now... Her hesitation made him chuckle but she finally did shake his hand, albeit awkwardly.

"And I know about you, Angrboda of Jötunheim," he took a few steps towards her "I know you are an exceptional warrior with great powers..."

She smirked "You flatter me Director, what do you want?"

"We could use someone like you on our team."

She cocked an eyebrow before shaking her head categorically "Not interested."

Fury heaved a short sigh, his glare seemed to dig holes through her "How much do you actually know about the Tesseract, Angrboda?"

"It's a vessel for the Space Stone," she said "I heard it was kept in Odin's vault until someone brought it to earth a few centuries ago

"It's a vessel for the Space Stone," she said "I heard it was kept in Odin's vault until someone brought it to earth a few centuries ago."

Fury shrugged "I don't know about this Stone business but I know the Tesseract is one the most dangerous weapon in the universe."

Angrboda paused for a second. Her eyes suddenly widened in shock "My Scepter... I think Loki also had a stone put on it! That's why it has all those new powers."

"What are you talking about? How many Stones are there?"

"Six. They're more like elemental crystals. Each Stone is tied to a different aspect of the universe. It would be catastrophic if they fell into the wrong hands..."

Fury leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest "So if the Tesseract contains the Space Stone, what Stone would be on the Scepter?"

"I'm not sure, but my best bet is on the Mind Stone. That's how Loki was able to control all those agents."

"So where would he have gotten it from?"

"I have no bloody clue..."

Fury let out a short breath "Well, that doesn't matter. It's there now, we just have to work with it."