9 - BE CAREFUL

ANGRBODA'S HEAD was buzzing. Everything was happening so fast. First, she learns that S.H.I.E.L.D is planning to build weapons of mass destruction using the Tesseract, then she discovers that her joining the Avengers is a scam by Fury to keep an eye on her and finally that Loki is planning to push Bruce, someway, somehow, into unleashing the Hulk.

Even for her it was too much to deal with at once.

Still in the tech lab, the tension was palpable. She hadn't told Tony or Bruce what Natasha sent but her expression probably said it all. She could tell Bruce already figured out it had something to do with him by the look of complete despondency on his face.

They were still waiting for her to reveal Loki's plans and she would have if Fury hadn't barged into the room at that exact moment.

The Director's eyes scanned the room, surprised to see Angrboda in the lab and the two men clearly distracted from their primary job of finding the Tesseract.

"What's going on?" he asked disapprovingly.

"Uh, that's kind of what we've been wondering," Tony sneered.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"Oh, we are," Bruce crossed his arms over his chest "The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

"In the meantime, explain this..." Angrboda turned the computer toward Fury, making him freeze in surprise. The screen showed one of the secret plans for the weapons S.H.I.E.L.D was designing.

"Where did you get this?!" Fury exclaimed, livid.

"Somewhere you clearly did not want us looking," Tony hissed.

Fury was about to retort something but Steve stomped in at that exact moment and dropped a large assault rifle on the table, causing all four of them to jump in surprise. The gun had a massive HYDRA logo on its handle.

 The gun had a massive HYDRA logo on its handle

"S.H.I.E.L.D is replicating HYDRA weapons?!" Steve exclaimed.

"You went into the secured storage, Rogers?!" Fury's face contorted in anger.

Steve glanced at Tony, Angrboda and Bruce before shrugging "The computer was moving a little too slow for me. I had to find out for myself."

"Listen," Fury tried to calm them down "These are meant to be used on dangerous people only, it's not—"

"Dangerous people like me...?" Angrboda hissed "We also had a look at S.H.I.E.L.D's watchlist. You lied to me!"

"It's not like that," he sighed "We don't—"

He was cut off by the sound of the door flinging open, again. Natasha walked in, followed closely by Thor. Her attention was focused solely on Bruce. Angrboda was relieved to see her but it was quickly replaced by resentment as it dawned on her that Natasha was probably involved in S.H.I.E.L.D's schemes.