1. Don't worry

It's a busy street at the campus. Students are either rushing for class, or are hurrying to live their glamorous college life. Amidst the hustle and bustle sits Marty on a bench with his guitar. He's been trying to write a song. 

Marty plays a tune, but soon gets interrupted as a flatcap is thrown right in front of him. This makes him just like a street artist asking for money.

"Don't worry. Ain't nobody gonna drop you a coin."

It's Jesse. Marty knows this too well.

"Cause everyone's broke," Jesse laughs hysterically.

"This joke never gets old."

"Revitalised whenever I see you here. "

Marty squeezes out a smile. Somehow he's the only pal who could put up with Jesse's so-called humor.

Jesse asks Marty to grab his guitar and get moving. "Come on,  I've been practicing a stunt."

"Ain't you busy with mid terms?"

Jesse looks at Marty with much despise. "Hey, breathe the fresh air of freedom before we become the slaves of capitalism."

"We're already the victims. 4 years of school, even global warming can't deal with my snowball debt."

"I admire your attempt to be funny," Jesse evaluates the statement. "But the term debt-snowball is actually a debt reduction strategy. So you're wrong when you say..."

"Shut up," Marty interrupts.

They arrive at their "band room". Transformed from a forgotten storeroom, there are stacks of old books and files everywhere. Now it's also scattered with Keira's architectural sketches and models.

Keira is the drummer of the band. She's looking at some building plans and doing some scribbling as Jesse and Marty enter.

"I've got something to show you guys," Jesse announces.

"If it's about pipe flow, I'm in," Keira replies.

"Don't expect arts student to do maths."

"I'm never expecting anything."

"I must humbly admit I don't excel in the number game.."

Marty has got to interrupt this, "What's the stunt you've been talking about?"

"Right on. That's our conversation. Give me a second." Jesse clears his throat. He's ready for the gig. He starts making muffled sounds. That's beatboxing. Keira and Marty watch him closely.

"How's that?"

Keira jumps to her drums set, "How's that? Catch this."

Keira responds with some drum tricks. Jesse, intimidated, does another round of beatboxing. They're obviously having a beatbox vs drums showdown. Both of them are pretty good, but Keira lands an impressive drum solo in the final round and Jesse can't top that.

"Keep trying buddy," says Keira.

Jesse is struck by the aura of confidence around her, but a sound from the door has quickly caught everyone's attention. Who has been watching this combat?

"Anyone?" asks Marty.

No one answers. 

Marty opens the door and sees a tall, introverted and quirky kid. That's Ezra. He's carrying a guitar and half a dozen of Fanta. This combination is too weird.

"Hello?"

"Hi." Though being caught for watching them, Ezra acts rather calm.

Marty turns around and whispers to Jesse and Keira, "You know him?"