Eclipse 2

Eclipse 2

Winny was seated in a meadow, with a blindfold over her eyes and headphones in her ears. Somewhere behind her she knew her sister and Edward were probably making out but that was none of her business, according to her sister.

Bella had been on lockdown since the two of them had gotten back from Italy. Bella had left without telling anyone and Winny had gotten Billy to cover for her. On top of that she had texted her father about where she said she would be so he wouldn't worry. Bella had been grounded for the rest of her life. Winny had not.

Which was how Winny had been roped into babysitting her sister and her sister's boyfriend while they 'studied'. Winny tried not to care.

"There are two hundred and six bones in the adult human skeleton. There are eighty bones in the axial skeleton and one hundred and twenty-six bones in the appendicular skeleton. Half of the bones in the human body are in the hands and feet."

Winny was making the most of her time and studying for her finals, something Bella at least should have been doing.

"The War of 1812 began with the United States President James Madison declared war on Great Britain in hopes of stopping the attacks by Indians on Americans. There was no clear winner of the war, because there were losses and gains on both sides. The biggest effects of the war were a greater sense of nationalism, the realization of the need for a better military system, and a stronger national economy."

Somewhere behind where Winny was sitting, blindly picking flowers and grass out of the dirt and forming them into a disfigured flower crown, Edward was trying not to focus on Winny's thoughts. Of course it was getting more and more difficult at the young girl was unintentionally projecting her studying onto him.

Bella looked up at her vampiric boyfriend to see he was gazing over at her sister with a look of amusement and frustration in his eyes.

"... I think I know enough of hate," Bella begins to read a bit louder, hoping to regain Edward's attention. It works. "to say that, for destruction, ice is also great. And would suffice..."

His attention diverted, Edward rolled over and pulled Bella into his cold arms.

"Marry me."

Winny was completely unaware of the monumental question being posed behind her, as she began to recite Robert Frost's Lodged.

""The rain to the wind said,/ You push and I'll pelt.'/ They so smote the garden bed/ That the flowers actually knelt,/ And lay lodged--though not dead./ I know how the flowers felt."