Eclipse 1

Eclipse 1

"Hey, dad," Winny chirped as she walked into the house and gave her father a hug. Charlie, who had just been in the process of grounding Bella for the rest of her human life, paused mid rant to return his daughter's hug. 

After Bella, Alice, Edward and Winny had landed in Seattle Airport and made the three hour, if a human had been driving the trip would have taken much longer, home, Winny had been asked to be dropped off at the Treaty Line. Billy would need to be told of Winny's impending death and she wanted to corroborate her story before she went back home and faced her father.

That was how, nearly three hours later, Winny was finally back home. After father and daughter pulled apart, Charlie gave Winny a tight smile and Winny for the first time noticed how tense the air in the house was. She winced.

Winny had hoped that Charlie's punishment would have been doled out by the time she'd gotten home, another one of the reasons she had wanted to stay at the reservation. Apparently Charlie's rant had been particularly long winded.

Winny returned her father's smile and scampered off to her bedroom.

*******

"Hey, Dad," Winny began hesitantly, stepping into the living room and placing herself beside her father on the sofa. Charlie had been watching the game before Winny had come in, but as soon as Winny spoke he muted it. Needless to say Winny was the favorite daughter at the moment, as when Bella had come in a few minutes before to ask what he wanted for dinner he had all but ignored her.

"Yeah?" Charlie asked, noticing how Winny was fidgeting. "What's the matter, Sweetie Pie?"

Winny was silent for another second before she cleared her throat and spoke.

"I want to visit Italy," she said so quickly that if Charlie had not been paying attention, he would have missed it. "Bella and I were talking after you sent her to her room and she said Italy was really pretty. My guidance Counselor said that picking up another language would really help on my college transcripts and suggested Italian, because it would be easier after I already learned Spanish."

There was a second of stunned silence from the man in the room, so Winny decided to plow forward.

"Remember when you let me go on that class trip to Spain after I completed Spanish? Well I thought if I got a job this year then I would be able to save up for a trip to Italy and I think that it would really help like the trip to Spain did."

Winny had taken a two week trip to spain with her Spanish class two summers ago, and when she had come back she was sunburnt but happy. Charlie remembered that, and he also remembered that out of the two of his daughters, Winny was the only one to never intentionally leave without telling him, get in trouble at school, or go into a depression when her boyfriend left her.

After Winny had finished speaking there was a long minute of silence as Charlie thought about what his daughter had just said. She would get job experience, because she wanted to pay for it herself, she would get to experience a new culture, and it would provide her with more opportunities in the future. No matter what angle Charlie looked at it, it didn't sound like a bad idea.

He leaned back in his chair and leveled his daughter with a serious look.

"If you do this, you're saving up for everything, the ticket, the hotel, all of the expenses by yourself?" He checked. She would have to budget her money, and it would provide her with valuable financial skills. "You would need to plan everything and run it by me, so I can make sure you didn't miss anything."

Winny nodded eagerly and Bella was fuming from where she was standing in the kitchen, making dinner for herself and Winny.

"Then I don't see a problem with it."

Charlie went to turn his attention back to the football game, but was attacked in a side hug as Winny through herself at her father.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" she squealed happily. Bella almost broke the glass of water she had in her hand, because of her fury. Winny was locked out of their room that night.