16.The bodyguard

ANDREA CASTRO'S P.O.V.

Lance just stood there making no movements at all .It really weirded me out.He was like a robot,standing completely still.Could he even breath?Was he even breathing?

I hated having bodyguards.I don't understand why Lance had to stand there while I worked.Who could get past the tight security downstairs,get into the elevator,get past the receptionist on this floor,come into my office and attack me?It doesn't make sense.

I looked up from my laptop and asked ,"you know you can sit,right ?"I pointed to my chaise lounge on the other corner of the room that was next to stool with a grey lamp.

"I prefer not to,miss "

"Please don't call me miss "

"Yes madam "I then began begging that someone would just go ahead and put a bullet through my head.The window were sealed shut so I could jump out and end my misery.

"Call me Andrea please "

"Your father-"

"He's not here,is he now ?"I interrupted him.Many people were afraid of my father.Even I was afraid of him earlier that day.I still don't fully understand how a man in his late fifties could make such an intimidatingnman like Lance afraid.It wasn't about physical strength but the authority one held in the society.

I figured sooner or later those tree trunks he had for legs would get fatigued and he would take a seat.Sure enough a three quarters of an hour later he took a seat.

An hour later there was a light knock on the door.The handle moved and the door swung open.Before I could even see who it was Lance was in front of me.His colossal body eclipsed mine as he block me from any danger.I took a big step to the left to see who it was.Luca was there looking confused holding a bag of chinese food.I recognised the resturants logo on the bag.

Lance noticed my movement and he too moved to the left to block me again."Lance it's ok.I know him."I said calmly.The bodyguard went back to standing next to the door after closing it.Luca was still standing."Luca this is Lance,Lance this is Luca one of my best friends in the whole world."

The spanish man took a seat and began speaking,"new bodyguard huh "

"Mm-hmm"

"As an apology for the incident with the tabloids ,you know they followed me here.Actually they are outside.I brought you lunch to make up for it."I now understood all the things Damon had done to avoid getting the attention of the news.Like when we went to the park and he insisted we wear sun glasses and hats.

"Thank for the lunch and it's not your fault"

"I just wish those lowlifes would leave you alone"

"They aren't low lives,they just want to make money to feed their families."He smiled broadly his eyes on me.

"You're so good Andrea "I smiled at his complement.We ate lunch while talking.I avoided talking about last night,now it was just me and my friend talking.The night before was me and my date talking which made it awkward for me.

"I hope you liked the date last night,we should fo it again sometime.When I am in town again" I froze on the spot.I love Luca...as a friend any girl would be lucky yo be his girlfriend but the night before made me realize we had little to no chemistry.I couldn't break his heart,he really liked the me I knew it but I was in love with Damon not him.

"Y-Yeah we should"

I threw the empty packets of food in the trash and thanked him.He left saying he had to go back to work to help out his father.Luca said he would be leaving for Madrid in a few days but his father said that inna few weeks he would come back to take over their branch in Seattle.