viii

Ginny Weasley was found by a passing Ravenclaw, who bought her to Madam Pomfrey's attention. She had all her memories erased but it was nothing the nurse couldn't fix. With a wave of her wand, Madam Pomfrey restored all of Ginny's precious memories. Immediately, the redhead remembered everything, how her ball gown was in her pocket and the person she had to blame for her losing her memories was a random kid who looked like Harry but wasn't actually. 

   "It was a good thing that the person who hit you with the spell knew how to use that spell. Very tricky the erasing spell is, very tricky, indeed." the old nurse rambled as she tended to Hermione whose internal injuries were slowly recovering.

   "Do you know how worried I was about you?" Hermione whispered to her ginger haired friend. 

   "No, I don't. If you didn't notice 'Mione, I was unconscious." 

   Hermione rolled her chocolate eyes and excitedly replied, "Anyway, show me the dress you got."

   Ginny smiled at her best friend's excitement and reached onto the bedside table to grab her jeans and dug her hand into the pocket of her dark blue jeans. She took out a shrunken package and grabbed her wand and muttered a spell to regain it's normal size. Then, Ginny opened the package to reveal a gorgeous purple gown. It had a sweetheart neckline that was bejeweled like the waistline. Ginny handed the beautiful dress to Hermione who took it and handled it like it was a fragile glass. The material was soft like pure silk and ran out of Hermione's hand like water. The brunette gently gave Ginny back her dress and she folded the dress nicely and packed it into the package neatly. Then she put it next to her hospital bed and faced Hermione. 

   "The ball is in a day. Let's hope we get out of here by tomorrow morning. I don't know about you but I'm ready to get out of here." Ginny said, wrinkling her nose as Hermione laughed at her expression. 

   "You just got here Ginny and you want to leave already?"

   "Yes and I never want to come back, EVER!" Ginny giggled. 

   The two girls sat in their hospital bed, growing closer than ever talking about everything. Ignoring the fact that there was a dark force looming over their heads. 

~*~

   Draco Malfoy, or more so Tom Riddle, sat in his dormitory thinking about the events that occurred the night before. When he obliviated the Weasley girl, he had done that so the girl wouldn't try and track him down or something like that. He knew she was a feisty girl, her personality was as her ginger hair, fierce. Tom put the book he was reading about time travel, he had stolen the last one in existence a few weeks ago. It would fit into his plan perfectly. He just needed to tinker with the time turner to get it to go to the exact time and place he wanted it to. The things he went through for love. He wanted to love a girl who barely knew of his existence and if she did, it would be for what he is at the moment. Voldemort, the most powerful dark wizard in existence. 

   Although you would think he was nothing but a cruel, heartless creature, Tom had a heart. It was buried within, but it was there. Every time he looked at her, he is reminded by all the people he killed and all the people he tortured for her. He did it just so he could be with her again, so he could see her glowing face and how it would light up her eyes when she smiled and how her faint dimples showed if you looked closely. He is always reminded of what she was like and how she hadn't changed one bit. It hurt Tom, deep inside that he had to wear a disguise just to be near her again. His love. She was his and he was hers. Everything would be alright in time, but Tom returned from his fantasy and the bitter truth of reality hit him like a train.