Twelve: "Era of Me and You."

Rey turned around, following the feeling that lead her to find him standing behind her

The desert girl looked down at her hands, remembering her skin against his. Her hands inside his. His palm against her cheek. Her fingers tracing his scar. A space in her chest seized up, tightened and ached for that intimacy again.

Rey felt free just by the thought of it. She felt left out of the cage of unknowing. Trapped to always be confused with who she was. With Ren, he made her feel like. . .herself. As the person she wanted to be. But that also made her wonder if how she felt every time she was with him, she was betraying the person she was supposed to be. The hero who didn't fall for the villain. The protagonist who didn't betray her friends to spend a few spare moment with their enemy.

"Ben," she whispered, a little surprised he was there after what happened last night.

Rey closed her eyes for a quick moment, not anticipating for her voice to sound as if he scared her. She only thought that she might had made him angry for turning away from what might have been. For simply explaining what was holding her back from what she could have. And it was clear as crystal that she knew what he wanted, that there was nothing holding him back. Except her.

Rey pushed all of that aside. She sensed he was nervous. She picked up that Ren was also a little frustrated but it wasn't pointed at her. Something happened on his end. Something making him. . .afraid? And it didn't have to do anything with himself. That feeling was different from when she sensed his emotions for the first time. When she picked up his fear.

Rey staggered up to him, heat rising inside her cheeks. She grit her teeth together, wondering if it was only awkward for her to be close to him again.

Ren didn't acknowledge her hesitation. "I don't have much time," he told her, his voice unwavering unlike his feelings.

"Okay, what is it?" She expected him to go on about another nightmare, but then he glanced to his right, his eyes looking at the closed doors as if making sure they stayed that way.

Then his fixed back on her and he revealed, "The First Order has knowledge of your location."

It was as if he blew a hole in her. "What?"

"The First Order knows where the Resistance is."

Of course they would find them. They'd never stop trying to find them. The Resistance would never be comfortable wherever they are. They were never going to stay hidden from them forever. The First Order would not simply relax on finding what little of them was left just because Kylo Ren was Supreme Leader.

That was when it hit her. The man who was once her swore enemy was acting as if he was her ally.

"Wait, why. . ." she started, but paused. Rey was unsure if she wanted to hear his answer so she cleared her throat and asked again, "Why are you telling me this?"