Fifteen: Sparks & Flares

The weight of Ren's eyelids were too heavy, they demanded to stay shut in sleep

The weight of Ren's eyelids were too heavy, they demanded to stay shut in sleep. His eyes fluttered open, but they couldn't keep up with the little strength he had to keep them open long enough. They closed again as if glued together. When he did manage to get his eyes open, Ren couldn't see anything clearly through a blur of black and white. The pain stayed at the back of his head all the way down to his neck, causing his sight to appear hazy with nothing to see beyond the streaks of those two very distinct colors.

Throughout these distinct colors, he found a splash of orange right in the middle. Ren attempted to lift his head to try to better make out the silhouette, but his head fell back against the small leather headrest as the pain in the back of his head was too much.

Ren grit his teeth, muttering a groan, trying to not express his pain like he had been trained to do. I'm a warrior first. I'm a solider, he assured himself. I can endure pain. I can endure this.

Clang!

Ren slowly turned his head to the side, hearing loud, churning noises beside his left ear. As the fog began to lift from the edges of his eyes, the whole room started to shape itself in front of him. Blinking his eyes a few times, he could clearly see a huge machine with too many colored buttons to count. His eyes widened, completely thrown off guard by what he saw.

Ren couldn't focus on the machine too long before it became blurry again. He saw an mechanical arm breaching out the side of the machine, a claw inching close to his neck. Ren tried to move away as he watched it get closer to his skin, but as he struggled to slide away, he started to realize that he was restrained.

Ren tried blinking his eyes a few more times until his fuzzy sight finally went away. He started making out the rest of the room—noting the other machines around. Before he had to put two-and-two together, he knew he was in the interrogation room.

More like torture room.

And he also noted this one was identical to the one they had on Starkiller Base.

"Did the Prince of Darkness get a good night sleep?" he heard a muffled voice ask. Maybe if Ren didn't feel so intoxicated, he would have taken offense.

Ren paid attention to the voice to piece it to who it was. But he recognized that spot of orange, and obviously connected it to the voice. Some of Ren's sight cleared up long enough to see for himself, General Hux leaning over him.

Ren's head was too fuzzy for him to move. He felt too drowsy to speak. He barely felt his lips make out the words and forced his lungs to work themselves? "What do. . .you think. . .you're doing?"