Twenty: The Risk

Rose sat criss-cross on the moldy, yellow booth inside the Millennium Falcon out of boredom

Rose sat criss-cross on the moldy, yellow booth inside the Millennium Falcon out of boredom. Since Rey didn't need anymore help with Chewie as her co-pilot, she rather not sit in the cockpit where she wasn't needed. Rose didn't feel like watching them fly this ship in hyperspace the whole time either. She would rather search around for anything interesting to buy her time. And after being unconscious the last time she was aboard, she could finally enjoy the ride. Or maybe she could make a check for anything in this old dump bucket that could use a repair or two.

Tapping her fingers relentlessly, Rose listened in on the noise her nails made as they bounced against the white and black checkered table. Rose smoothed her fingers out, spreading them on the table, pondering over it's pattern. Her fingertips traced the surface down on its sides and found the red buttons all in a row.

Rose looked over to the other side and saw it had buttons in a row as well except they're in blue. She traced the buttons, unsure to push it at first but decided to anyway.

Nothing happened.

So Rose glided her fingers over to the button farthest to her right. A specific button that's in white. Maybe that turns it on.

She pressed it and then, a blue light appeared out of the wall, forming a hologram on the table. And in front of her, miniature aliens all of different races appear.

"Ooh what's this," she exclaimed, about to lift her hand to the hologram.

R2-D2 started beeping rapidly beside Rose, his red and blue hues flashing off as well. Rose pulled her hand back, looking to the droid who seemed to be excited for whatever she found as well. From what Rose heard about R2, the droid had a history with this ship so maybe it knew what this was.

Rose studied these aliens for a moment, realizing the way they all stood in line. How the two groups faced each other. It must form some kind of game board. Thinking of it, Rose remembered this particular kind of game her sister told her about once or twice.

"Rose, what are you doing?" Finn asked her, making his way over to her from down the corridor. Rose lifted her head up, seeing a confused expression on Finn's face as he stared down at the blue droid turning itself around. "Are you trying to anger it?"

R2-D2 beeped again, this one sounding different from the first ones. The droid turned itself to look in Finn's direction as if he was judging him almost.

"I think Artoo's just excited," Rose told him, looking back to the game board.

Finn turned on his heel and headed back to the cockpit after he said, "Just don't touch anything I wouldn't." He made his way over to the door, opening it and sliding in the seat closest to him. "Any updates?" Finn asked as he relaxed his back against the leather seating.