Twenty-Eight: Home, Who That May Be

AN: I searched and search and this was the only gif I could find of my favorite Star Wars duo. Anyways, enJoy!

Rey watched as different colors painted the world around her as they entered Naboo's atmosphere

Rey watched as different colors painted the world around her as they entered Naboo's atmosphere. She found herself in awe, her eyes wide and mouth falling agape as she bared witnesses to the many different landscapes they passed by along the way. She took in the graceful blue ocean, the endless green forests. The sky bled a mixture of yellow and orange and pink and red and it glistened along the mountains and canyons below them. There was a vibrancy to it all that warmed Rey to the core in a way that the beating sun of Jakku never has before.

Dusk, she figured. She looked off to the horizon, its golden rays dripping from the rest of the sky's soft blue that melted into purple. Her eyes searched all around to catch everything in front of her. She barley realized she was holding in her breath once Chewie pointed out the residency of the Resistance.

Well, they're not the Resistance anymore since the First Order is gone.

Yes, they have finally taken down their enemy. The threat of the galaxy. To what brought injustice and destruction to their lives has final been wiped out. The people who longed for peace, freedom and safety was now in charge to create a whole new order for the galaxy. A new foundation. A new start.

Rey smiled ear to ear, the soft rose gold highlighting the silhouette of her face, the setting sun brushing against her skin and half of the inside of the cockpit. She turned her head around to check if it would reach the black-clad giant sleeping behind her, blinding him which meant disturbing him from his sleep. But she only found him passed out on the seat behind Chewbacca, a soft, light snore coming from him.

Rey's eager smiled dropped to a smaller, more content smile. She noted that Ben fell asleep an hour or two ago and decided to allow him to stay that way. She didn't mind to be alone for a while until Chewie came back. After all the pain and suffering he endured just before they rescued him, he deserved as much rest he could get.

She knew he'd only endured all of that for her. To protect her. He went through electric shock because he would have gotten in the way the First Order's plan to erase what remained of the Resistance. He would have gotten in the way of the general's plan to kill her. Now, they're were in Naboo because supposedly, General Organa was to meet her allies to go over what was to come next, coming from Poe. Hopefully, they'll see him that same way.

Rey worried if they'd be willing to see that snoring, handsome emo giant back there the same way she did. To accept him as one of them. Rey tried not to worried about this part, seeing Ben worrying enough about reuniting with his mother, but she feared everyone would assume the worst in him. To target him because they blame him for who he was and what he had done.