S I X

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Six

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

Today seemed like to be a slower day at the diner. There was kids at almost every table and booth but we were still able to move around, unlike usually when we would have to weave in and put of groups of wild teenagers.

Harper was helping Aunt Miriam in the kitchen, Margaret was taking order and Faye was cleaning up. I was just skating around making sure everyone was okay.

Matthew was supposed to be here soon to work on our project. We never set a time but from what I noticed he would usually come in after the usual after school crowd. So I guess that's when he'll show up.

"Waiting for your mysterious man?" Margaret wiggled her eyebrows as she skated by and I laughed.

"Yes, I'm waiting for Matthew"

"So you admit that Matthew's your man" She gasped and grabbed the counter dramatically and I shook my head.

"So dramatic" I laughed and she joined in.

"I just think it would be a cute love story" Margaret smiled.

"You're a hopeless romantic aren't you?" I asked.

"I'm a writer" She pointed a finger at me. "Love stories are my speciality and I'm just saying. A story about a perky girl trying to fix a broken ex football player, sounds amazing"

"I'm not trying to fix him" I shook my head and she raised her eyebrow. "He's just lonely and nobody deserves to be lonely"

"See, that's cute" She grinned.

"Margaret" I laughed and shook my head.

"I agree with Faye though" She said after a few minutes.

"What?" I asked.

"Be careful. Be cautious with him. No matter what you say, he's broken. He has been since long before you showed up. If you get too close the wrong way, he'll cut you" She explained and my eyes went wide. "Figuratively of course"

"Oh okay" I frowned.

"I'm just not one to tell you what to do with your life. We just met and I don't want to get in the way of true love" She said and I laughed.

"You don't like Jackson I assume" I smiled sheepishly.

"It's not that I don't like him. I just... he's just that guy that gets everything he wants. He's arrogant and... yeah" She frowned.

"Oh" I nodded along, listening to her rant.

"But if you guys did end up dating, I wouldn't be upset" She added on and I smiled gratefully at her.

"Order up" Harper yelled from the kitchen.

"Be right back" Margaret grinned and went to go take the order to her table.

I started to wipe down the counters, just waiting for someone to come in so I can take their order. But after a bit I just sat on one of the stools and just waited for Matthew.

"Aunt Miriam, can I have a break so I can work on a school project with a friend?" I asked as I saw Matthew's bike pull up outside.

"Sure honey" She called from the kitchen.

"Thank you" I said as Matthew walked in the doors.

"Hey! Do you want something to eat?" I asked and he shrugged. "The usual?"