T W E L V E

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Twelve

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

I had an aunt. An aunt that I've never heard of. And that's all I could think about as I layed in my bed. It was 11 am on a Sunday. Aunt Miriam wasn't home yet and Faye was in her room.

How come Mom never told me about her? Why didn't anyone ever mention her around me? Maybe I just never realized?

Crystal Linden. The name didn't sound familiar. Then again, why would it? The only time I heard anything about Dad was from Mom and she obviously didn't want me to know about her.

I wish I could ask her. I wish she was still here.

"Why did you have to die?" I whispered to the empty room that surrounded me.

I spent another 30 minutes thinking to myself before Faye waltzed into my room.

"What do you want to do today?" She plopped down onto my bed.

"I want to find my aunt" I sat up and she raised her eyebrow.

"She's at an auction"

"Not your mother. Crystal. My dad's sister that I never knew about" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh. Well let's go find her" Faye shrugged.

"I don't know where to check first" I groaned.

"Uh we can check her house?" Faye stood up.

"You know where she lives?" I asked wide eyed.

"I mean... I'm not sure but maybe she lives at your dad's old house" She shrugged.

"Wouldn't we have noticed her?" I asked and she shook her head.

"They lived in Westview. The only street in Westview that's zoned for Eastiview high" Faye snorted.

"Oh" I frowned. "How do you know all that?"

"I grew up here Brielle. Your parents story was kind of like Romeo and Juliet"

"Oh"

"C'mon. Get dressed and we'll drive over there" She smiled at me and went to go get changed.

Precisely 36 minutes later, we were sitting on the sidewalk next to her car.

"I can't believe she isn't working" Faye grumbled and I sighed.

"I know right"

"I'm sorry Brielle" She leaned against her car.

"It's okay" I sighed.

"What's with the sad faces?" Jackson asked as walked up to us.

"My car broke down"

"And we were supposed to finding my long lost aunt" I joked sadly. "What are you doing here?"