[9] In the ring

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minhee was standing in the place she never thought she would ever find herself in. A hole; yes, that was the right description for the place where she was currently in.

How did she end up in a place like this, when just an hour ago she and Soojung were planning to have a sleepover with re-watching The Notebook again and lots of popcorn on the menu. But all of that changed after she received a disturbing message from Jimin. After meeting that day in the park, they decided to join forces and keep an eye on Jungkook, together.

'He is fighting again tonight and his wounds are not healed yet from the last fight'

When she saw the message, with not wasting even a single second she flew out of her house heading towards Jungkook's.

As if she knew that she wouldn't be able to stop him from going, she just quietly followed him there hiding from him.

That's how she found herself in that place.

She was standing near the fighting ring where Jungkook was fighting with a guy that was twice his size, but in her surprise, Jungkook was actually winning. Maybe it was because of his smaller body figure that helped him be faster than the other man, or maybe it was because of his skills as a better fighter, but he was throwing punches with no sweat.

The audience around the ring was roaring with every punch that Jungkook threw at the man. They were betting on him, exchanging money with what it seemed to be 'the banker' of the place. Their chanting was filling the room; they were calling him 'JK'. It was like their calling was giving him strength because he was fighting like an angry bull. He looked like his eyes would turn red at any second.

Minhee was just standing there, lost in the crowd and with her eyes never leaving him. Her hands were sweaty as if she was the one fighting and not him. She was just praying that he wouldn't get out of that ring with more bruises than he already has.

When the other man threw one lucky punch at Jungkook causing him to trip and fall backwards, she couldn't stop herself from yelling his name. She was about to go there in the ring, between the fight and drag Jungkook out. Her eyes were starting to water and as if her legs were moving on its own, she made her way towards the ring.

But the way she called his name and not how the others were calling him 'JK', caused Jungkook to look at her direction. When he saw her his eyes widened in surprise, but at the same time he gave her stern look as if he was trying to tell her not to move any closer to him.

Those brief few seconds were enough for them to understand each other, so she stayed still, waiting for the match to finish.

Jungkook returned his attention towards the other fighter getting back at him for that one punch with ten more. And he knew that he would win the fight tonight.

Minhee's shout not only got Jungkook's attention but the men's around her as well. Their eyes were no longer on the fight, but on the young girl near them. There wasn't every day when a high school girl came in their usual gathering place, so they planned to use this opportunity. They were looking at her as if she was a fresh made delicious cookie ready to be eaten. One of them even took the courage of approaching her.

"Little girl, what are you going here? I doubt that you came here to fight, so how about we have some fun?", he said holding her arm above her elbow while licking his lips with lust.

He was dragging her somewhere in a far corner of the room, and when Minhee was about to kick his balls and escape his grip, someone did that before her.

"Get your hands off her, bastard!"

Jungkook punched the disgusting man that was bothering her. He had just finished his fight and when he saw the man pulling her away, he flew out of the ring after them. The anger that he felt during the fight was nothing compared to the one he was feeling right now.

When he saw Minhee with that man, his heart was pounding crazily in his chest like it would escape its place. Without thinking he just ran after them, with a primitive protective and owning feeling towards the girl.

"What the hell are you doing here? This is no place for someone like you", he yelled at her through all their way out, pulling her by the wrist. He was dragging her out of the building, hiding them in the dark alley just around the corner. He wasn't sure if the man he just punched would follow them alone or with ten people with him and he didn't like to take his chances, not when he was with her.

When they finally stopped, she was already panting hard from the loss of air in her lungs. She could still sense that he was angry at her. When her eyes met his dark chocolate orbs, goosebumps ran through her whole body.

"I may have followed you here..."

"You may have? Why would you do something stupid like that?"

"I wanted to see where you get all those bruises from. And plus you didn't show up at our session the whole week"

"Why would you want to know? WHY?", he yelled again punching on the wall near her head. He wanted to scare her. He wanted her to fear him. He wanted her to run away from him and never look back.

But instead of that, she didn't even blink. She buried her eyes in his, like she was trying to read him, like she was trying to break the walls around him that he was building his whole life.

"Because I care..."

"Damn it, Jungkook. I care about you..." and with that said, she did. She broke every single one of them, leaving nothing between but only those few inches apart from their faces, which Jungkook closed with his lips melting in hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

Did you like it?

THIA