[19] Time for goodbyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook was sitting on the rooftop of the high school building. He and Taehyung had broken into the school many times just so they could come on the roof and enjoy the view of the city that could only be seen that good from there. Usually, they would come at night to avoid being discovered but mostly because the view at night was even better than on daylight. Secretly neither one of them wanted to admit it, but deep inside they were both the romantic type.

If someone saw them from the ground they would assume that the boys planned to suicide themselves, but in reality, Jungkook knew that if he was in danger Taehyung would be there for him like he was going to be there for his best friend is their roles were reversed. And if they were going to die, they were ready to do it together.

Jungkook inhaled the fresh air, letting the night breeze to brush his bangs away and dance along his hair-locks. He felt happy watching his best friend sitting beside him with the same calm face and with the same smile he always carried with him.

Taehyung gave one more glance around the city, as if he was trying to remember it before turning his eyes to Jungkook and looked at him with a smile that could speak a thousand words.

Jungkook watched Taehyung as he lifted himself from the ground. He carried a bag in his hand and looked like he was leaving somewhere.

Jungkook felt like Taehyung was going to leave him. He was well familiar with the feeling of someone leaving him. Jungkook didn't know how, but he felt it inside him. He felt that this was going to be the last time that he sees Taehyung and deep inside he was accepting it, but on the surface he didn't want to let go of his friend. It felt like he was losing him once again.

"Are you going somewhere?"

Taehyung didn't answer him right away; instead he lifted his hand to pat the crown of Jungkook's head gently massing his locks.

"You know that you need to let me go, Jungkook. It's time to say goodbye."

When Jungkook opened his eyes, he was laying in his bed drenched in sweat. One of his hands was lifted and looked like he was trying to hold onto something or someone.

The sun rays were shining brightly succeeding in breaking through his closed curtains and illuminating the bedroom.

Judging by the sunlight, Jungkook knew that he had slept longer than the previous nights when he would wake up in four in the morning and not close an eye after that.

He turned his head to look at the nightstand beside his bed where his phone was. He lit it to see the time, only to find a message from Minhee.

'I'm leaving today Jungkook, but I want to see you for one last time.'

*******

Jungkook called Jimin to hang out only to distract himself from going to the airport and say goodbye to the one that his heart longed for. But Jimin knew that Minhee was going to leave today because she called him the day before to drink coffee together one last time before she leaves. Jimin knew that Jungkook had only called him to find an excuse not to go to see her and he planned to knock some sense in his friend's head.