[11] Fault

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please don't tell me you are reading that again? How many times has it been already?", Jungkook rolled his eyes nearing the person he looked for the past ten minutes.

"Shut up, you are disturbing me. I love reading it. Every time I do, I find something new hidden in it."

Jungkook watched his best friend sitting on the window side in the back of the library, reading his favorite book for the thousandth time. This scene was nothing new to him. Whenever his friend was missing, Jungkook knew where he would find him. There was only one place - the library.

Jungkook has read his friend's favorite book and even though it was a good one, it was not that much to be read multiple times.

"Let's go home already. It's going to rain again, look at the sky", Jungkook tried to pull his friend's sleeve to get his attention.

As if the sky heard his warnings, just when he said it, huge raindrops started hitting the window. It was like they were trying to break the glass. "See, I told you it would rain..."

For the first time since he entered the library, his friend locked eyes with him. His eyes were red and warm tears were rolling down his cheeks, similar to the rain that was rolling down on the other side of the window.

"It's your fault, Jungkook!", his friend spoke, but the voice didn't sound like his. It sounded like it was coming from afar, like an echo.

He watched his friend tear in front of him, while his words were stuck in his throat. His mouth was burning, yet not a single word came out of it. His eyes were burning as if they would start tearing as well.

He broke the eye contact and looked out the window. The rain and the wind were furiously dancing with the trees. Gray clouds were laid over the city, hiding the brightness of the day.

Jungkook opened his mouth again, trying to get out the words that were running in his mind. The words that were pinned in his soul, killing him from the inside.

"It's my fault!"

Jungkook jumped out of his bed, panting heavily. He caressed his forehead, cleaning the sweat with his sleeve. Looking at the clock beside his bed, he already expected to see the showed time - 4 AM. He would see his friend in his dream and whenever he wished to stay in the dream and never wake up, he would always open his eyes in 4 AM.

Knowing that he wouldn't close his eyes again for the day, he turned his head towards his bedside table where a single photo was placed. He ran his hands over the person that was presented on the picture and whispered...

"I'm sorry. Everything is my fault."

*******

Minhee was sitting on her sit in the classroom lost in her thoughts, blankly staring at her notebook. The class had finished fifteen minutes ago, but she didn't even sense it. Everyone had left the classroom leaving her alone with the professor who stayed behind since he had his own things to do, papers to finish.