[18] To remember

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Minhee got called in the Principal's office, she couldn't help herself feeling anxious about it. Whenever she entered that office, goosebumps ran down her whole body as if she had done some big crime even though she hasn't.

"Miss Minhee, you are here! Please sit down!"

Once she entered, the Principal moved his gaze from the mountain of papers around him and met hers. The man looked like he was on the edge of burying himself in papers and with the glasses on, he looked ten years older than he already was. Judging by the dark circles around his eyes, he looked like he was lacking sleep too. But who would blame him when it was the week after the exams' week and he sure had a lot of work to do around that question.

"Why did you call me, Sir?"

"First of all, I wanted to congratulate you about Jungkook's grades. Not only that he passed all the exams, but he even did some with flying colors. Seems like your tutoring really paid off."

Minhee couldn't hide the happiness she felt at that moment. She has been worrying about Jungkook passing the exams for a whole month now. Not so much for the recommendation letters, but for his own sake too. She has been thinking about how to pursue him to apply for some good college, but didn't know how to start the conversation about that.

"Not only my tutoring, but Jungkook has been giving a lot of effort too. He hasn't been skipping school lately and he studied almost every day after school for the finals."

"I'm glad to hear that. Now for your reward, if I'm being honest I didn't have to do much about it. You are an excellent student Minhee and any college would love to have you as one. So I would like to give you this before you receive the official letter."

He took a white envelope from his first drawer of the deck and hand it to her. She accepted it with shaking hands, feeling tensed about the thing that was written in it. She didn't even sense that she was holding her breath all the time while she was opening it, only to exhale heavily after reading the bolded words that were written on the white piece of paper.

'Congratulations, you've been accepted in Seoul National University and you've received a full scholarship.'

*******

Minhee was running around the hallways like a mad woman searching for Jungkook to give him the good news. She finally found him in the school's backyard, sitting under a tree - daydreaming. She jumped in his lap, starling him from his nap.

The news that she just received made her almost forget that she and Jungkook were on some kind of a break or a pause. They never spoke about it, but she felt it. Jungkook didn't call her nor had texted her that much; she forgot when was the last time he gave her a proper hug or a kiss. He was somehow cold and distant, but as much as she wanted she couldn't judge him. The events that happened around him affected not just him, but her too and she knew that their relationship will never be the same as before.

"Don't move please!"

She tried to move away from his lap, hiding her rosy cheeks from the sudden skinship but Jungkook circled his hands around her waistline preventing her from moving away. As much as he didn't want to admit to himself he missed her all the time. He missed everything about her, her face, her laugh, her warmth, her cheesiness, her craziness...

But he knew that he should learn to be without her. Their time together was expiring every past day and he was trying to let her go bit by bit, slowly every day.

That's why he was learning so hard lately, so she would get those recommendation letters she needed so much and she could get into a good college and be away from that miserable place. She would be away from him and she won't end up hurt like everyone else around him.

"They accepted me! I can't believe that they did!"

"You deserved it. You deserve everything."

He watched how the sunlight danced along her locks, how the rays caressed her eyes filled with life. That was how he wanted to remember her. She should always smile like that; she should always be full of joy. But to be happy she needs to be away from him.

"Come with me! You can apply to some college too and we can go together in Seoul."

Minhee said in a pleading tone, while hiding her head in the crook of his neck. She wanted to embrace every last moment with him, as if she was sensing that they were coming to an end.

"I can't. Minhee..."

He whispered her name with such compassion but sorrow at the same time, while cupping her face with both his hands and bringing it to him. He locked their lips like he was trying to pour his lava of emotions inside her.

She felt like he was kissing her for one last time. He didn't need to say it, she knew that he was letting her go. The words were written in his lips that were caressing her own with such tender and love. He wasn't hurrying with the kiss, he was consuming her completely. He was kissing her like he wanted to remember her kisses, like he wanted to remember her warmth, her taste, her fragrance...

Because this was their last kiss.

A kiss to remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update!!! Because I promised someone that I would update more frequently.

Also, I wanted to announce that this book is coming to an end and because some of you asked if it's going to be a sad or a happy ending, I'm going to say just that I'm not a fan of sad ones but we will see...

Thank you for reading!

THIA