What Time?

I woke up early, due to a constant flow of words in my head. Today I had to go against Jasmine and Sol, Cheddar, Iz, and of course Future had to be there. I put on a long sleeved white shirt and jeans, along with my Vans. I curled my hair and combed it a little, and slipping in a silver butterfly pendant.

Careful not to wake my dad, who was passed out on the couch, I poured cereal and sat at the table. Guess my munching woke him up. "Where were you last night?" He scoffed. I put my arm on the table in an acute angle, and planted my face in it. "The shelter. And let me guess, you were here getting drunk?" He laughed and I moaned into my sleeve. "You act like what you're doing is any better." My head shot up. "You don't know a fuck about me. You never will!" I shouted, throwing my bowl of cereal at his face, and I slipped on a knitted beanie, before slamming the screen door of our house.

I walked with my arms across my chest and the wind howling at my hair, causing it to fly, and my eyes searched the entire town, as I walked to the shelter.

When I got there it was literally packed and Cheddar and the others hugged me and wished me good luck. Jasmine was wearing a Free World shirt, and black pants. I walked up the stage and I wasn't as nervous. Papa Doc was laughing at us and it agitated me. "Ah, look it's the 313 bitch." Jasmine told me. I sighed and closed my eyes hoping to God that her weave would just fall out. "A'ight heads or tails?" He asked Jasmine. "Tails." Future flipped the coin, and she got it. "Who goes first?" Future asked her. "Let that bitch go first." She said with a giant smirk on her face.

"Alright, look." I searched my brain for words, for something good."1 2 3 AND TO THE 4 IM GETTIN READY TO FUCK UP THE INDUSRTYS STATUS QUO IM LYRICALLY AND EMPIRICALLY GIFTED, IMMA SUPRISE YALL LIKE WHEN OJ GOT ACQUITTED, WHEN I BATTLE PEOPLE ITS JUST UNFAIR, I HOLD IT DOWN AND YALL ARE UNAWARE, I PUT MORE DAMAGE ON THE MIC THAT GAME DOES WITH 50, ALL MY SHIT IS REAL AND THATS NO MYSTERY, I WOULD KEEP GOING WITH THE RAP AND MAKE YOU LOOK EVEN WORSE, BUT I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE CALLING IN A NURSE!" The whole crowd laughed, and we waited for Jasmine to start.

"C'mon Jazz!" Papa said. I sat there bobbing my head, and waited for her to start, but she choked. And zit felt bad for her. She ran off the stage and everybody chanted my name. "Queen! Queen! Queen!" It mad me feel good and good thing is I'm moving on to the next round. But today I just couldn't. It'd have to be next week or something.

"Damn girl, who knew?" Sol pulled me in for a hug, but I got jerked back, by Future. "You blasted that bitch." I laughed into his shoulder, and his hand slid down to my waist line. "Umm..." I said jerking back. "We should stay here. You know, watch my competition." Cheddar nodded, and we went backstage to meet all the other female rappers. "I think we should start calling you the 313 bitch. You bring Motown honor." I punched Iz in the arm and he chuckled. "I am so going out tomorrow." I yelled over everyone. "HELL YEAH!!!" All the boys exclaimed, and we all started dancing like fools around the shelter.

*Five Hours Later*

"Man how long have we been here?" Future finally asked, after everyone was gone from the shelter. "Well we watched battles for three hours, and danced and chatted for two, now the shelters closed, so pretty much all day." Sol replied tiredly. I yawned and pulled my hair up in a bun. "Say, I'll call y'all, I think I should get going." I stretched my legs and heard my knees pop. "See ya tomorrow Caprice!" Cheddar waved me goodbye. I waved back, and walked with my head down.

A few paces away from the 8 Mile Mobile Court, I heard my name being called in a friendly way. "Yo Caprice!" I looked up, to find Jimmy smiling at me. "Hey." He was breathing heavily from running. "I heard you won the battle today." I smiled, recapping it. "Yeah, I was mad cause you didn't come." I lied, trying to make him feel wanted or something. "I was talking to this man named wink. You know big O?" I nodded and he explained, "Well wink helped him get off of flipping burgers, and boom, he got studio time and blew up. Imagine me..." I stopped him. "Jimmy, you're probably the best out here. But you underestimate yourself because you're white. Look at me!"

He smirked, then flipped me off. "What time?" I laughed, and waltzed to my house, and I could feel his eyes stare me down. My dad was cleaning, and cooking. What in the hell had happened? Was he bipolar or something? "Dad I won my battle." He didn't even smile, he just kept vacuuming. "Dad did you hear me?" I walked closer to him. He stood frozen. For a second I swear I heard sniffles. He turned around and hugged me. I stood there in shock for a little, but then I hesitated to hug back. My dad hasn't hugged me in eleven years, and he hasn't cried in almost thirty.

"I love you Caprice." I mumbled it back to him and I felt his hot breath on my neck. I'm not the kind to cry either, but feeling my dad's arms around me, made me feel good for some reason. I pulled away from the hug and he whispered, "If you want to rap, I'm not gonna stop you. But hear me out, if you do, you better be the fucking best. a You hear me?" I laughed and pulled away. "Are you drunk?" He smiled. And for once I felt like I was five and we would play and he would blow raspberries onto my stomach. "Go get some sleep kiddo." He said. I nodded and beamed all the way to my room.

-----------------------------------

While Caprice was at the shelter Jimmy talked to Wink, and went to work, he also figured out that the car his mom gave him for his birthday failed to work. He also sang that beautiful song to Lily last night.

Comment people, seriously. Lol.