Chapter 11

Update time! I apologize for a kind of filler chapter, but it had to happen before the fun stuff can begin :) Also don't hate me but...it's a cliffy...Happy reading!!!

~A~

Never before in his life had Owen Blackbourne felt so at peace with his life, so...complete as when he'd held Sang close as they swayed together. The temptation to kiss her had nearly been too much to overcome, but it was not yet time for that, not until she was truly theirs. He knew in his heart of hearts that he had fallen in love for the beautiful woman in his arms, just as he knew his brothers had fallen over the past weeks.

The moment her apartment door had shut behind her back when she'd gone home the next morning, he had called for a family meeting at Axel's place. It was time to discuss the situation with their girl, and vote on whether or not everyone was in agreement that she truly was the one.

The rest of the guys were in a sort of dreamlike daze, a state usually exclusive to Luke, and sometimes Sean and Marc. The previous night had been perfect, even North hadn't had a negative word to say, a feat considering Jade had been there, but nothing could take away from the joy of having Sang for an entire night. Out in public, with all of them as her "dates", dancing, smiling, laughing, you name it, she was in her happy place, which in turn meant the guys were in theirs. It was clear as day the fourteen had fallen, what they didn't yet know was that the bird had as well. Currently, they were gathered in Axel's apartment, waiting for Owen to begin the family meeting.

A throat clearing drew their attention to the man in question. "Gentleman, I'm sure you're wondering as to why I've called an emergency meeting tonight, and before you ask, no one is in danger or in trouble." A few shoulders relax at this, namely Luke, who'd been worried Owen had found out about him dying all his underwear pink.

"Then why are we here, Owen?" Kota asks, voicing everyone's curiosity.

"It's about Sang." Immediate shouts of protest come from even the quietest team members, Victor worriedly tapping a staccato rhythm on his thigh as he asks after his Princess.

Owen holds up a hand to silence them, adding a pointed glare for extra emphasis when North, Raven, and Brandon continue to shout. "There's no need to worry, it's nothing bad. I simply have reason to believe it is time to discuss the possibility of Sang being the bird we've been looking for."

Several moments of silence pass before Corey speaks next. "Owen, why now? Did something happen tonight?" Owen pulls off his glasses to rub at his eyes before a soft smile comes over his face, shocking everyone with the rare unfettered show of emotion.

"Holy fuck, he's actually smiling, and not that fucking millimeter shit he usually goes for!" Gabe yells, eloquent as ever.

"Must've been some dance." Brandon grumbles.

Ignoring their commentary, Owen replaces the glasses, but the smile stays. "Whether she meant to or not, Sang revealed last night that she has feelings for us, all of us." His words are dangerous, they allow for hope to grow that she might be the answer to their prayers, the final piece of the puzzle to complete their perfectly imperfect family.

"You better not be fucking me, Blackbourne." Raven growls, not allowing himself to believe quite yet that this is possible. He wants Sang, without a doubt, and he's seen the sly glances she's given him and Corey, малютка (little one) is more observant than she's given credit for.

Gabe's choked laughter draws a glare from the Russian. "Dude, it's fucking with you, not fucking you." At his confused look, Corey leans over to whisper the explanation, face on fire as he does so.