Chapter 22

Hello! It's time for another Monday update! Finals are over and I finally have time to write again, so yay! Anyways I need to take a second and tell you all how much I love you...in a totally not-creepy, internet friends kind of way. This story started as a fun distraction to help me through writers block on my original and now has over 35k reads and nearly 4k in votes so you all are amazing and thank you so much!

Alright, that's enough of that....Happy reading :)

*Sang*

"Well, Little Bird, it looks like you do indeed have a concussion, but all of the scratches and bruises is all surface level stuff that should heal in a few weeks time," Dr. Roberts informs me, though I can barely hear him past the pounding in my head.

"Thanks, Doc," I mutter, bringing my hands up to massage at my temples.

He frowns at me before handing me a glass of water and a paper cup with two pills in it. "You and that incessant nickname, I swear. Take these, it's just tylenol, but it'll take away some of the pounding pain in your head." I grin widely at him, loving how bothered he is by my insistence on calling him Doc instead of Phil despite his constant pleading with me not to. I'd bet my favorite knife he secretly loves it.

"You love me anyways, Doc," I quip and he shakes his head with a small chuckle.

"That I do, that I do." He pauses for a second, a slight grimace contorting his features before continuing. "Now I think we should talk about you and those boys." Now I understand the face.

I groan. Talking about the 14 guys that I'm dating with one of the men who's like a father to me is not something I wanted to do today...or ever really. At least Uncle's not here as well, I reason. Then there's a knock at the door of my hospital room, and I decide I must have been an awful person in a past life if the universe likes to make me suffer.

"Hey Pretty Bird, how ya feelin'?" Uncle asks as he shuts the door behind him, eyes full of concern before he looks to Phil. "You talk to her yet?" Oh cheese and crackers they're really doing this right now.

"Do we have to do this?" I whine, covering my burning face with my hands as Phil clears his throat awkwardly and Uncle laughs.

"Yes, Sang, we do. We've let it go this long, letting you figure out what you want in life and for your future, but now we need to make sure you know exactly what you're getting yourself into," Phil begins, and I sigh in resignation, looks like I won't be getting out of this one.

Uncle continues when it looks like Phil gets stuck. "Sang, there are 14 of them, we're just worried you're letting your heart make all of your decisions without thinking this all the way through."

I know that they mean only the best by what they're saying, but I can't help the wave of anger and hurt that spills over when I really hear them. Is that what they really think? That I've jumped into a relationship like this one without any thought to what I was doing?

Fuming inside, I jump to stand in front of them, shocking them with the hard glare I pin them with. "How dare you," I hiss, everything in me revolting at speaking to them like this, but it has to be said. "You two know more than anyone what I've been through in life, how much I overthink and worry and fear that I'm always doing or saying the wrong thing. You know good and well that I would never allow myself to open myself up to others, to a relationship of any kind without thinking through the consequences and possible outcomes for everyone involved."

I watch as their faces pale slightly as I let them see how much their assumption hurt me, but even still they play devil's advocate.

"But there are so many of them, Sang. What about jealousy? Or your free time? And what about when...you know....the relationship...moves further and...oh god please don't make me say it," Uncle sputters, and at any other time I would find his fiery blush and discomfort trying to talk about sex funny as all get out, but not right now.