第26Q

A/N: Oh God! I just found out that I didn't publish this chapter after so many months. I'm so sorry! Anyway, I hope you still enjoy this book.

The hall was full of the sound of squeaking shoes as the players of Seirin practised against Komada High. Yasu was watching her teammates and taking down notes after noticing some things, while Riko and the others watched. From the empty stands, the people from the press were watching, with an interviewer asking some questions about the Winter Cup participants.

"The strongest teams of the Winter Cup are Kaijo High, led by team captain Kasamatsu Yukio." replied the interviewee. "There's Kise Ryota, their prodigal ace."

The interviewer jotted down his reply as fast as he could while listening to his reply. "Oh, but didn't Kaijo lose to another team the other day?" he questioned.

"They lost to Touou Academy. It was a fierce battle. They have the prodigy Aomine Daiki."

"Speaking of prodigies, Shutoku High's..."

"Midorima Shintaro. What a terrifying shooter."

The interviewer looked at his notes, and recognised the names of the star-players each from different schools. "They're all from Teiko Middle School's Generation of Miracles, aren't they?"

"Yes, and there are two more members of the Generation of Miracles." added the interviewee. "At Akita's Yosen is Murasakibara Atsushi. At Kyoto's Rakuzan is Akashi Seijuro."

"One of those teams will surely win, then."

"Don't be so sure." corrected the interviewee as he gaze landed on the players on the court. "Kiyoshi Teppei. He damaged his knees and couldn't participate in the Inter-High, but he's a strong center. There's their captain, Hyuga Junpei, a clutch shooter. Their point guard with the Eagle Eye, Izuki Shun. And their new player who has gone toe to toe with the Generation of Miracles, Kagami Taiga."

The practice game ended as the referee blew his whistle, leaving Seirin ahead of Komada by seven points. Seirin team cheered while Riko and Yasu smiled at them before the latter closed her blue notebook, thinking about her journey with Seirin to the upcoming Winter Cup.

"Remember their name." advised the interviewee as he started to walk away. "They're the dark horse of the Winter Cup, the Seirin High basketball team."

The interviewer was about to leave as well when he noticed someone the man had missed when listing the names of the Seirin players. "Have they always had the player?" he questioned himself.

~Time skip~

After the practice match, Seirin went to a restaurant to have early dinner. Yasu sat with the first-years, between Kagami and Kuroko. She noticed Kagami was trying to eat with his left hand. He picked up a broccoli but it fell out of his chopsticks. "Damn it!" he cussed out loud.

"Kagami, shut up already!" scolded the captain.

"Uh, sorry about that." said the junior.

"Broccoli is slippery." advised Kiyoshi.

"Is that really the problem?" asked Hyuga with annoyance.

"What is he doing?" asked Koganei as he watched Kagami struggled to eat with his left hand again.

"He's practising." replied Tsuchida.

"Practising?" repeated Kawahara questioningly.

"He's practicing using his left hand." replied Yasu.

Kagami tried picking up the broccoli again, but it fell out and bounced in front Nigou before he quickly caught it with his mouth. Kuroko told the Pomsky to quiet down, afraid that the owner would kick them out for bringing the dog into the restaurant.