第30Q

With Seirin in the lead by seven points, the match proceeded to the second quarter. Midorima received the ball and was about to make another three-point shot when Kagami knocked the ball out of his hands. "Alright!" cheered Furihata. "Kagami blocked him again!"

"They've been replaying this scene since the first quarter!" added Kawahara.

"We've been keeping our lead against Shutoku since the beginning!" said Tsuchida.

"You guys are amazing!" shouted Koganei. However, Riko and Yasu both had anxious looks as they watched the match continue.

'I wish I could celebrate.' thought Hyuga. 'But it won't be that easy.'

'What are they thinking?' wondered Kiyoshi. 'Why do I feel so uneasy?'

At that moment, Kagami was panting and sweating more than usual. "What's wrong?" scoffed Midorima. "Exhausted so soon? In that case, I'm disappointed."

"Of course not." said Kagami. "Bring it on!"

'He's not looking well.' thought Izuki while bouncing the ball. 'As Yasu had expected, Kagami's clearly more exhausted. I guess we shouldn't overlook her advice. Kuroko was able to help him last time, but...' His gaze then landed on the Shutoku player marking Kuroko. 'This time- No, it's this time, as well. He's making this really difficult. Shutoku's first-year point guard, Takao.'

"It's only the second quarter." scoffed Takao. "What's wrong, Kuroko?"

'Kuroko's greatest weapons are his ever-changing passes that utilise his misdirection.' thought Yasu. 'They've saved us countless times. But Takao sees the entire court. His Hawk Eye is stronger than Izuki-senpai's Eagle Eye. Last time we avoided it with a trick of misdirection.'

Kuroko tried to get away, but Takao managed to block him. "You're not getting anywhere." he said with a smirk. "That won't work anymore."

'Kuroko's misdirection can only be used for a limited amount of time.' thought Izuki. 'Not only that, but against an opponent he's played before, his effectiveness drops significantly.'

Hyuuga broke past from Miyaji's defense. Izuki noticed this and passed the ball to his captain, but the Shutoku player slapped the ball away. "Crap!" cussed Izuki.

Midorima got the ball and was getting ready to shoot. "Kagami!" yelled Kiyoshi.

"No, you don't!" yelled the ace as he jumped up to block. Suddenly, Midorima landed and drove past Kagami where he was about to shoot. "I'm not finished yet!" Kagami turned when he landed and jumped up again, but Midorima had released the ball.

"Midorima was a second faster!" stated Tsuchida.

"He finally missed!" said Koganei.

But no one noticed Kuroko heading towards the basket, as everyone else was keeping their eyes on the ball. 'Will it go in?' asked Hyuga worriedly before he noticed the arc of the shot. 'No...' The ball missed the rim and bounced on the ground.

"What?!" yelled Otsubo out of shock.

"He missed?!" asked Kimura, who was as shocked as the captain.

'No.' thought Midorima, who was having the same expression as them. 'Was he quick enough to touch the ball?'

'What unbelievable leg strength.' thought Takao before realising that the ball was still in the court. "The ball's still in play!" he yelled. "Run!" Kuroko caught the ball, surprising the Shutoku players. 'Seriously?! He was already running for the ball after Midorima's fake. He believed Kagami would touch the ball.' Kuroko passed the ball to Izuki from across the court, and he scored with a lay-up.