第39Q

'Outsmarting people with his misdirection is one thing, but passing right in front of me?' thought Aomine mockingly. "Who's underestimating who, Tetsu?!" he said before holding out his hand to block the pass. But the force was strong enough to get pass him, and Kiyoshi got the ball instead.

"Alright!" cheered Koganei. "Go, Kiyoshi!" The said player tried to dunk the ball but Wakamatsu managed to catch up.

"Wakamatsu's so fast!" said Tsuchida.

"He's already caught up!" said Furihata.

'When did he get here?' questioned Kiyoshi with surprise. But he quickly move the ball away and passed it behind.

'A pass?!' thought Wakamatsu. 'He was definitely going for a dunk at first! This is Kiyoshi's Right of Postponement?'

From behind, Kagami got the ball and dunked it. "Yeah!" cheered Koganei. "An alley-oop!"

'Ignite Pass Kai...' trailed off Kise. 'I've never seen the improved version before. Even more than it's speed, I'm surprised by...'

'It's penetrative force knocked Mine-chin's hand aside.' thought Murasakibara.

"What was that?" asked Takao, amazed.

"The secret must be in the spinning." said Midorima. "Spinning the bullet of a gun stabilises its path and increases its penetrative force. In the same way, by transferring his body's turning to the ball, he increases its force dramatically." Even Akashi himself was surprised by the pass.

Aomine stared at his hand and clenched it, smirking. "I see." he said. "I can have some fun with you now, Tetsu."

"I'd be surprised if you thought I hadn't changed." said Kuroko.

"We can do this!" cheered Furihata.

"Let's ride this wave!" added Kawahara.

"Don't rush." said Imayoshi before slightly opening his eyes, which was noticed by Yasu. "We've only just started."

'Imayoshi-nii.' thought the girl worriedly, wondering what he was going to do next.

Izuki tried to steal the ball from him, but he tossed the ball to the left, passing it to Susa, who then scored a basket with a shot. 'They're using their height advantage against Kuroko.' noted Kagetora, who was sitting in the stands next to Shutoku's coach. 'They're throwing high passes so he can't steal the ball, either. That number 4's pretty vigilant.'

The ball bounced on the rim, and Wakamatsu beat Kiyoshi in getting the rebound. "There!" he yelled.

'This guy might be evenly matched with Kagami physically.' noted Kiyoshi before looking away. 'And he's loud.'

Wakamatsu passed the ball to Sakurai, who scored with a three-point shot. "Damn it." cussed Tsuchida. "It's not at though anything's changed."

"It would've been better for Seirin to have another trick up their sleeve." commented Kasamatsu, getting his teammates attention as they watched the match. "Kuroko's pass didn't faze them. Touou's just playing like they always do. There's no weakness to exploit. In other words, we're just seeing their difference in skill. Their difference in rank."

'But if they don't do anything, they'll fall farther behind.' thought Kise when his attention went back to the match.

"Hey, are you sure about that?" scoffed Imayoshi when Kagami received the ball. "Opening it would be huge, but I wouldn't recommend it. That's the demon's gate."