The Fifth Pevensie - Chapter Two - The Country

I felt my heart skip a little. It normally did that when I had a overwhelming emotion that wasn't fear. I wasn't talking the fear of the war but the fact i could die any moment and leave my family. When I was born there were some complications. My heart could speed up at a moment's notice but on the other hand could slow ridiculously. Either could kill me so my father and Twin called me the delicate one because I was like a china doll.

Anyway my siblings and I stood at the train station waiting to leave for the contrary. London had gotten too dangerous for us to stay so we were having to be sent way.

"You need to keep this on Darling. All right?" Mum spoke gently to Lucy and meekly nodded "Are you warm...good girl" she moved over to Edmund who stare at something.

"If Dad were here he wouldn't make us go" Edmund stated

"If Dad were here it would mean the war was over and we wouldn't have to go" Peter snapped

"Peter" I reprimanded

"you will listen to you brother and sister won't you" he said nothing. Mum went to kiss his head but he flinched away. she looked hurt but moved over to Peter and I. I was on the edge of crying but held it in so we just hugged her.

"Promise me you will look after the others." she mumbled although i think it was more for Peter.

"We promise" she pulled away and touched our faces before moving onto Susan. She hugged her and looked at all of us.

"Now off you go all of you" Peter leaned down and took my case before i could and sent me 'don't even bother to protest. I sighed and took Lucy's hand. Peter was protective of me and as he put it one time 'wouldn't let me do anything too strenuous that could take me away from him.' I'm almost 100% sure that if he could have my dodgy heart as well he would either that or swap hearts with me.

"Can i have your tickets please...tickets please" Susan took them out of Peters' hand and gave them to the woman.

"that's right on you go" i keeping hold of Lucy's hand made my way through. She tried to look back for Mum

"Come on Luce. everything is going to be fine okay. just fine" i reassured her as we stepped on the train the five of us tried to say our goodbyes to mum before we left to find a cart. When we did find one there was only a boy and girl who i presumed to be siblings sitting there already. Peter out our things up and we sat down i still having Lucy with me. I made a slight noise of discomfort touching my chest my heart nearly sped up. Peter was at my side in a instant.

"Sit down Belle" I sat with his arm around me as i tried to calm my fear down

"It's okay Peter I'll be fine"

"It makes me nervous when it happens" he sighed

"Think of it from my point of view okay" leaning back I fell asleep.

"Belle. Belle wake up were nearly there" I yawn and opened my eyes'. Slowly I sit up and rub my eyes. 

"Did you have a nice sleep? do you feel better" Susan asked me

"Yes to both thank you" we gathered our stuff and i took Lucy's hand as we got off the train at Coombe Halt. The train left us on the empty platform in the countryside Lord knows how many miles from home. We heard a car approaching and we all left only for it to go right past us.

"The Professor knew we were coming" Susan stated

"Maybe we've be incorrectly labelled" Edmund looked at his tag.

"come on hup" I snapped my head toward the new voice and up came the lane was a horse and cart carrying a woman who slowed then finally stopped in front of us.

"Mrs Macready?" Me and Peter asked

"I'm afraid so." she looked down at us.

"Is that all you brought? nothing else?" she wondered we looked at our luggage.

"No ma'am. It's just us" Peter replied as i nodded

"Small favours" she nodded to the back and we followed he silent instruction. Peter helped me up first then Lucy before handing all our cases. Susan, Edmund and Finally my Twin joined us on the cart.

We began on our journey to our new place that would home us until it was safe for us to go back to London. When we arrived i gasped, it was one of the most beautiful houses i had ever seen it was so big. When we finally came to a stop we all climbed down and entered this huge house.

"Professor Kirke is not accustomed to having children in his house and as such there are a few rules we need to follow. There will be no shoutin' or runnin'. no improper use of the dumb waiter." Susan went to touch a marble head.

"No touching of the historical artefacts" she snapped at my younger sister. I covered my moth in attempt to hid a giggle.

"And above all there shall be no disturbing of the professor" she pointed to a door behind her before moving on. We followed

"Excuse me Mrs Macready, My Mother asked me to give this to you" I took a letter out of my pocket and handed it to her. Taking it off me she opened it up and read it