The Fifth Pevensie - Chapter Thirteen - Sacrifice

We followed him into the woods for a bit until he stopped.

"Shouldn't you three be in bed" we came out from the shadows

"We couldn't sleep" Lucy told him

"Please Aslan. Couldn't we come with you" i asked joining him.

"I would be glad of the company for a while. Thank you" he agreed I held on to some of his Maine and we started walking. We walked though the wood for what seemed like ages until Aslan stopped.

"It is  time from here I must go on alone"

"But Aslan" Susan began to say

"You have to trust me for this must be done" I held my sisters hands

"We trust you" he looked at me and nodded

"Thank you Isabelle, Thank you Susan, Thank you Lucy and farewell" he walked away i waited till he was gone and pulled them to somewhere we could watch and not be seen.

There were lots of creatures gathered around a stone table and arch. Aslan walked up the steps everyone moving aside and what looked like to be taunting him. Some were even frightened as they moved out the way. The witch came up from the arch no longer in her grey/ white dress but in a dark forest green and almost black slimmer gown with a bird on her shoulder. On closer inspection it looked like she had a dagger.

There was a uproar i couldn't hear what was being said but i knew it wasn't good. There was chatter and laughter. A minatour looked at the witch who nodded then he knocked Aslan to the ground. He did not put up a fight just took it.

"Why isn't he fighting back" Lucy asked

"I don't think he can" I replied

"What do you mean" Susan asked

"Think about it. The witch wants to kill Edmund then renounces her claim in the space of what 15 minutes. She's hardly the one to give up her right unless she got a better offer" i looked toward Aslan

"He was the better offer" I finished. We watch as the crowded around him then a dwarf went up and started cutting his fur one by one they all did. He was then dragged onto the table has there was howls before there were silence. After a pause staffs were bang and like they were building up the tension. She crouched down to him. She then stood up again.

"Tonight the deep magic will be appeased." her crowd was making lots of noise "But tomorrow we will take Narnia forever" they all cheered as they making as much noise as they could. she said something else before she plunged the dagger into Aslan . I let out a little whimper as did Lucy.

"The great cat is dead!" she announced i felt tears rise to the surface as i lowered my head and hugged my sisters.

All of them left and it was now dark once more. We made our way to Aslan. I sat behind Lucy on the table. She went to take her vile

"It's no use..he's gone" Susan sniffled. Lu put her vile away as Susan sat on the opposite side of us.

"They shouldn't have done this to him" I cried rubbing his now short hair we all leant our head on him and cried. I heard little squeak.

"get away. get away all of you" Susan cried

"No look" I took a deep breath ask the mice chewed away the binds. I helped slide some off so he was now free and hugged him once more.

"We have to tell the others" Sue stated

"We can't just leave him"

"Lucy there's no time, they need to know" I added she looked at both of us then all around

"The trees" I knew what she meant and went to a nearby tree. I had no idea what i was doing but i whispered

"I need you to carry a message to our brothers. Tell them of Aslan's sacrifice and the witch's army. the charge for us and the need to be ready. tell them that we are safe but we are going to stay with Aslan Hurry before it's too late" I felt a wind pick up as I heard a humm. Going back to my sister we stayed with Aslan.

//////////////////

I woke up with a gasp and looked around we were still at the stone table. Susan and Lucy woke up not long after me. I was alert and held my chain out.

"We should go " I made my way down the steps. "the battle has started" i help Lucy down

"How do you know" Sue asked

"The same way Peter know when i slip into a coma...a feeling that wakes me up"  she nods

"I'm so cold" Lucy mumbles i bring her close to me in attempt to warm her up. We make our way down the steps and the ground shakes making us fall to the ground.

"Isabelle, Susan" we look back. Aslan is no longer there and the table is cracked. We make our way back.

"Where's Aslan?" Lu wonders

"What have they done?" Sue asks . Light behind the arch shines brighter as the figure of Aslan stands tall

"Aslan" we run round and hug him we laugh

"But we saw the knife... the witch" I said in wonder

"If the witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the deep magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed on a traitors stead the stone table and death its self will turn backwards." he informed us.

"We sent the news you were dead" Susan told him

"Peter, Edmund and the others have already started the battle" I added Lucy pulled out her dagger

"We have to help them" Aslan chuckled putting the dagger down.

"We will dear one, but not alone" I took the dagger

"honestly giving a ten year old a weapon" I huffed  Aslan smiled

"Climb on my back we have far to travel and you may want to cover your ears." it was a tight fit but the three of us all sat on Aslan's back he stood up and roared i covered my ears. He set off running and i clutched on to Susan and Aslan. We crossed field and meadows going through the wood at high speed. I felt a jolt  and a gut feeling.

"Something's wrong! Something's happened to Peter" I shouted

"He's be okay Bella you'd shout at him if he wasn't" Susan replied

"Not funny Sue" We continued running

"Where are we going?" Susan asked

"Hold on" was the reply so I did he went fast than normal.

"Look the witches Castle" I pointed and we approached closer.