The Fifth Pevensie - Chapter Five - Dream and Little Sister

Isabelle's dream in italics

I was in a ballroom with lots of people dancing around me. It was strange because most of them didn't look human. There was music and laughter as i looked around for my siblings. The crowd was so big i couldn't spot them that's when i began to fear something was wrong.

"Isabelle. Isabelle my darling"  i turned round to a young boy who was older than me with sun kissed skin and shoulder dark hair. I felt myself smile

"..." i said though i couldn't hear what i did. The boy took my arms and place one on his shoulder while the other he took in his. We began dancing and i felt as if there was nobody else in the room but us he had the softest brown eyes that i simply could get lost in and a smile which lit up the whole room.

"How was the coronation my queen" he whispered in my ear sending shivers. What coronation was he talking about i had no idea but i felt myself saying.

"quite befitting my new King" he laughed

"i do not know how i became this lucky to have you stay here with me." i simply just smiles at him.

the scene changed and i was now what looked like to be in a bedroom looking in a mirror at my reflection. there was a knock on the door.

"Come in"  the door opened and a giant lion walked through

"hello my queen" he smiled this lion could speak not only that but he gave the room filled with superiority and gentle wiseness.

"..." i grinned and ran over to hug him he chucked hugging me back in his own way.

"i have news on the request you made" my face lit up as the door opened again and a older looking Peter followed by Susan, Edmund and Lucy came in. i grinned and ran to hug each and every one of them.

"thank you so much .... you have no idea how grateful i am" the lion smiled at me. Lucy then looked up to me and said something very odd and out of dream.

"Peter wake up, Peter wake up its they're its really there"

I groaned as the sound of Lucy's voice woke me up my head and heart were heavy and i suspected that i slipped into one of my coma's again.

"Narnia it's all in the wardrobe like i told you" came Lucy's voice

"Lucy keep it down you've proberly just been dreaming." that was Susan's voice i did my usual thing of waking up my body wiggling my big toes and fingers

" But I haven't, I saw Mr Tumnus again and this time Edmund went too" there was a long pause I had yet to open my eyes and use my voice that would take a little longer.

"You...you saw the faun" what the hell was a faun and what was going on how long had i been asleep and what had i missed. This always happens i always miss something.

"Well he actually didn't go there with me...what were you doing there Edmund"

"I was just playing along, I'm sorry Peter i shouldn't of encouraged her but you know what children are like these days. They just don't know when to stop pretending" there was silent sobs followed by footsteps leaving. At that moment my brain started to work my mouth and eyes.

"what...what's happening" I mumbled flickering my eyes open

"Izzy" i turn my head to the sound and the blurry figure of Edmund comes into focus.

"Edmund? there was shouting and sobbing...what have I missed?" I began to cough as my throat was dry i touched it and Ed knew what i meant.

"I'll get you some water" he ran out of the room and i was now left on my own. which at the moment was fine for me as bits of my dream i could remember like that boy who was he? where was i? How did we know each other? i kept thinking those question over and over again.

"Isabelle your awake" Lucy came running over and jumped on my bed giving me a bear hug i made a ground as she took some wind.

"Hey Lucy" i hugged her. she sat up and that's when i noticed she had been crying.

"Lucy what's wrong. why have you been crying" she then burst into sobs again

"We were playing hide and seek yesterday and i found a forest in the upstairs wardrobe it was so beautiful. All covered in snow and I met a faun named Mr Tumnus he's half man half goat we had tea and he played a lullaby it was all so brilliant. But he said he had to kidnapped me but i though he was my friend and he let me go. When i came back i had been gone for hours but it was only a minute. I told the others where i went but when they checked there was nothing and they didn't believe me. So I went back tonight and i saw him again. This time Edmund went too well he didn't actually come with me. i didn't know what he was doing there. Only when Peter asked him he said he was playing and that some children don't know when to stop pretending.

That's why i started crying because it was really and no one still believes me even when Edmund was there but he said nothing. then i met the professor and then i had hot chocolate then Edmund came running in saying you were awake. Please say you believe me please Isabelle" she ranted and it took me a few moments in to filter key parts.

Forest in upstairs wardrobe, half man half goat who is a faun called Mr Tumnus, went twice, Edmund did too but lied and no one believes her.

"of course i do Lucy" i rasped

"really?" i nodded

"yes i know when people are lying it's a gift i have besides you would protest so strongly if it wasn't real" she smiled then hugged me again. Edmund took that time to come in with water i took a sip and i let the cool liquid run down my throat.

"Edmund come here" he came closer within reaching distance so i slapped his head twice

"ow what was that for"

"making Lucy cry and when I have proof of your lying my foot will go so far up your bum" i warned he looked down knowing there was no point in arguing. I always knew when my siblings were lying and telling the truth that and my parents if they lied i slap their head and when i had proof i would kick their buts when they weren't looking it was worth the aggravated heartbeat.

"Belle"

"yes bone head" i sighed he smiled and hugged me so did Susan. Mrs Macready came in with a sandwich

"Ah there you are dear nice to see you awake again" it was kind of weird seeing her be so nice but I just gave her a weak smile.

"eat up then send it back down in the dumb waiter I'll leave you too it" she left as i was helped to sit up even more.

"so what's this I've been hearing about you not believing our little sister" i looked at them two and they looked away.

"nothing to say eh. that's a first to wake up to a sobbing Lucy is not good especially when she tells me the three people who are supposed to believe her and be family are not"

"Belle we checked the only wood there was, was the back of the wardrobe"

"typical seeing and believing. well i for one believe her. My little sister has never lied and you know i have my ways of knowing. So when the time comes you better apologise. Now Lucy would you like to camp her in my bed for tonight" her eyes lit up

"Yes please" i smiled finishing my sandwich off. Peter took it to the dumb waiter and sent it back i brushed thee crumbs off as Susan took away the extra pillows. i hugged Lucy from behind as Susan left shutting the lights off.