The Fifth Pevensie - Chapter Twelve - Brewing Storm

The next day I walked out of my tent with Peter. A gentle breeze caught my hair as we saw Orieus he looked to a hill were there was Edmund. Susan and Lucy came out from there's and looked to where we were.

"Edmund" Lucy cheered. They looked at us then finished talking. Walking down i couldn't help a smile form on my face. They both stood in front of us.

"what's done is done there is no need to speak to Edmund about what has passed " with that he left.

"Hello" he looked down at his shoes. Lucy was the first to hug him which brought a smile. I was the next. It was so good to hug him again. i let go so Susan could hug him.

"are you alright" she asked

"I'm a little tired"

"you should get some rest" Peter stated and we all looked at him. he nodded and walked past us.

"and Edmund" he turned back

"try not to wonder off" Peter joked it was only early so before breakfast and while Edmund got some sleep me and the girls maid daisy chains. Lucy came up to me as i had some fruit.

"look i made you a crown" she smiled. i giggled and knelt down as she placed it on my head.

"i now pronounce you Queen Isabelle" i laughed and stood up then curtsied

-----

Ed had got some sleep so we all had food. I was sat next to Susan and across from Edmund.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast Ed" Lu jested he smiled

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back" We all looked at Peter.

"Were going home" Susan asked

" You are" he came to join us

"But i don't want to go" i added

"I promised Mum I'd keep you four safe but it doesn't mean i can't stay behind and help"

"Correction we promised so I'm staying"

"But they need us...all five of us"

"Lucy it's too dangerous you almost drown, Edmund was almost killed and if it wasn't for Aslan Belle would be dead."

"which is why we have to stay" Ed spoke up "I've seen what the white witch can do. And I've help her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." i was filled with admiration for my little brother after his little speech.

"I guess that's it then" Susan stood up.

"where are you going?" Pete asked as she grabbed her stuff

"to practice" i laughed and followed her with Lucy. We went to the archery part and watched as Susan shot a arrow and it hit the black circle she wasn't impressed I nudged Lucy and we brought out our dagger. We threw them and they hit the bulls eye. i grinned and went to get mine so i could practice with my chain. If it was going to defend me and my family I had to at least know what i was doing. I took a deep breath and dropped the chain. I started rotating it first in wrist motions then twisting it round my body until

whip, whip, whip there were three clucks to the ground i opened my eyes and saw the broken pieces of metal. i smiled, there were clomping of hooves and i looked to see my brother sword fighting on horses i folded my arms and watched them. It was all stopped as Mr B ran up to the and told them something they jumped down of their horses.

"what's going on?" i asked i seemed to ask that way too much.

"the White Witch is here to see Aslan" i ran with them and my sisters to the main camp.

"Jadis, The Queen of Narnia, Empress of the Lone Islands" Narnian's shouted insults and for her to leave as she entered. I places my hands on Edmunds shoulders as a I watch them stop and she stand up. Looking at Edmund she continued till she was in front of the great lion.

"you have a traitor in your midst Aslan." everyone started muttering.

"his crime was not against you" he replied

"have you forgot the laws upon which Narnia was built" he growled

"do not cite deep magic to me witch i was there when it was written." he snapped

"then you know all traitors belong to me his blood is my property" she icily came back. Peter took out his sword

"try take him then."

"you think you can deny me my right little king" Peter lowered his sword

"Unless i have blood as the law demands all of Narnia will be over turned and perish in fire and water. that boy will die on the stone table...as is tradition. you dare not refuse me"

"enough...i shall talk with you alone the left for his tent and we sat down and waited. it wasn't long before she came out. Looking at my brother one more time she went to her throne.

"she has renounced her claim on the son of Adam's blood" we all cheered

"how do i know your promise will be kept" she asked. Aslan simply roared at her and we all laughed as she sat down and was taken away. i hugged my brother and my other sibling but saw that Aslan was not happy. I would ask him later on why he wasn't

////////////////////////////////////

Later that night i had trouble sleeping when i saw Aslan's figure walk past. i looked at my brothers and saw them asleep not wanting to wake them i grabbed my cloak and dagger before leaving the tent. i walked out and followed him when i saw Lucy and Susan d the same. i put my finger to my lips telling them to keep quiet.