Ch 25--Family Breakfast

"What do you mean, before you have to leave?" Evan asked, standing with Connor.

Connor looked at the floor.

"I uhm, I just got a text. I have to go meet Ferb in an hour."

"Connor, no! Don't go!"

"Evan, it's okay. I don't mind, and yesterday I put him in his place, so he won't do anything today." That's probably not true, he's hella mad, and Connor might die today, but Evan didn't need to know that.

"Please don't go."

"Evan, I'll be back in two hours tops. I'll drop you off at your house and then I'll be right over when I'm done doing whatever he needs."

Evan fixed him with a disapproving look, but Connor looked away and left the room.

They went downstairs for breakfast, but Evan decided to give Connor the silent treatment.

"Morning, boys." Cynthia greeted. Connor nodded and Evan smiled.

"Good morning, Cynthia. Thanks for letting me stay over,"

"Of course, Evan. You're always welcome here, you know that. Plus there was no way I was sending you home in that storm last night. It was too crazy."

Connor tried to meet Evan's eyes, but he quickly scowled and narrowed his eyes at him.

"So did you boys--" Cynthia turned around to set plates in front of the two boys glaring at each other. "Figure everything...out...?

"Yes, we did," Evan turned to her. "But this morning, Connor tried to do something stupid, so I'm trying to convince him of the error of his ways." He said with a pointed look.

"And I don't see what I'm doing as stupid, so I'm trying to show Evan the heroism of my ways." Connor stuck his face close to Evan's and they continued the stare down. Neither boy was willing to give up, and finally Cynthia couldn't take it any more.

"Oh my god, just kiss already!"

"Mother!" Connor shrieked, looking away from Evan, whose face was turning bright red.

"Oh, they already have." Zoe said smugly, smirking as she entered the kitchen. "I have photographic proof."

Cynthia laughed.

"So you two are a thing, then?"

Connor looked at Evan. Evan smiled shyly.

"I guess so." Connor leaned over and gave Evan a quick peck on the cheek, and Evan blushed. Zoe and Cynthia cheered and pretended to fake cry, being very dramatic with their reactions.

"Yeah, I suppose we are." Evan gave Connor a kiss too, then slapped his arm. "But now I'm no longer talking to you unless you reconsider."

Connor sighed.

"You know I can't, Ev, I just--"

"No, you can, you won't--"

"--Thought it would be good for everyone,--"

"Evan, Connor, don't fight--" Cynthia joined in.

"--Consider it because you don't want to,--"

"CHILDREN!" Zoe screeched, scaring all three into silence. "I would like to have my breakfast in peace, thank you. Mom, let them work it out by themselves, and boys, quit acting like an old married couple already. You're going to ruin my meal." Zoe took the two plates Cynthia had set in front of the boys and transferred the pancakes and bacon from one plate to the other, then began eating.