Chapter 12

Out of nowhere giant gorillas came running out of the locker room.

Okay so maybe she was over exaggerating a bit,
but they were really big boys or let's rephrase, men and all the clothing and gear they were wearing made them look much bigger.

Some had black charcoal lines on their cheeks for what reason, she didn't really know.

"Go Eagles" one cheerleader who was standing in front of Naima screamed.
There were about 15 girls who had now lined up in front of her.

Guess they would be leading everyone out.

The players were now right behind Naima and if she listened real hard, she could hear them breathe.

Naima heard a low familiar voice she couldn't yet place shout behind her to the players.

"What team!?" The familiar voice shouted.

Wait.

She turned to look and see none other than Tawfiq. Oh no! She forgot he was part of the football team.

You were eye raping his billboard picture a few days ago. And now you forget?

What couldn't that handsome boy do on this Earth? Wait, what!?. . .handsome?

Her brain must be overheating or something.
It's funny how she barely knew his name or face but now that she did, she noticed him everywhere.

She looked away quickly.

She heard the rest of the players shout in reply with their strong base voices.

"Eagles!"

"What team?!" Tawfiq boomed again.

"Whose season!?"

"Eagles!" They replied with more vigor.

"Head in the game boys. It's not always as we plan it out in our head. And please I know we all don't like the bulldogs but play fair guys. We don't want any one sent off the pitch, now do we?" Tawfiq informed them.

They replied by shouting like gorillas as some screeched like eagles.
What did gorillas have to do with eagles in the first place?

"Go Eagles!" Tawfiq said one last time.

It was time now. The cheerleaders moved first towards the exit. It's either fight or flight now. And flight sounded nice at the moment.
But.
If she chose flight, she would lose her scholarship.

So, even though her legs felt like jelly, she stood firm.

For the scholarship.

Naima heard the commentator call out for the other team

"Introducing the East High bulldogs!"

She looked outside and saw the East High players jogging to the center of the field.

Their cheerleaders were in blue and white whiles  VVH's were in yellow and red.

They had a bulldog Mascot by their side.

They seemed normal until they started barking like bulldogs. Now they seemed scary to Naima. What if she was to move with their mascot?  She didn't like bulldogs or any dog for that matter. They were all terrifying.