Chapter 41

Salaam.
I know I suck at writing wedding scenes. It felt like I wrote a dry wedding. Forgive me for that. I haven't been to any brown weddings to know about them☹️ I'm basically writing from the knowledge I got from other stories here on Wattpad.
Anywhoo's I hope you enjoy this chapter.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

".. tomorrow." Naima heard Tawfiq say to Zain as she made her way downstairs.

"Beloved sister." Zain said with a wide grin when he saw Naima approaching.

Aunt Faiza and Farhana got up from their seats and made it to where they were.

"Tawfiq, I'm going to miss you." Farhana said, tears in her eyes.

She may act like she didn't care about him at times but everyone knew she loved her brother.
He was everything to her.

"Zahri. . .No. Don't cry. I'll miss you even more. And I promise to call you often." Tawfiq assured her with a smile

Farhana couldn't hold herself back and ran to him as Tawfiq caught her in his embrace.

"You better do. Or else I'm going to steal Naima away from you." Farhana warned, her expression playful.

"You wouldn't. . ." Tawfiq gasped, acting shocked as he played along.

"Try me." Farhana said to him as she tore herself away from Tawfiq.

Everyone smiled at their childish banter.

"I'm going to miss you too, sister." Farhana said with a sad smile and walked towards Naima to give her a hug too.

"I will miss you too." Naima replied with glassy eyes.

She didn't want to cry again. She had cried so much when her friends had left earlier. She didn't have enough energy to cry again.

Farhana pulled back from her and gave her a warm smile.

"If he fools, beat him up. I give you my permission." Farhana whispered to her.

"Ay Ay captain." Naima joked and Farhana laughed.

"Make sure to call regularly, okay." Aunt Faiza reminded.

"I will, mom." Naima said as one stubborn tear escaped her eye.

"Mom!?" Zain's eyes widened. "When did that become a thing?" Zain questioned.

"That's none of your business. Don't mind him. He is just jealous I like you more than him." Aunt Faiza chuckled.

Naima laughed at Zain's shocked face.

"Wait what?!" Zain exclaimed.

"Hah! I'm the favorite child." Naima teased Zain. She was going to miss this. Him.

"You wish. You're lucky you are married now. I'd have gotten back at you sooner than later."Zain glared jokingly.

Tawfiq looked at them and chuckled. Naima felt soo open around them. He prayed she'd open up more to him soon.

"You gonna miss me like hell." Naima smirked.

"Not even in your wildest dream." Zain snickered.

Naima couldn't handle it anymore and she ran into an unexpecting Zain's arms. Zain just smiled at her.

"I knew you'd miss me. Don't worry, I will try to miss you too."Zain joked and Naima kicked his shin.

"Ouch... Fine, I'm going to miss you a lot, little girl. She can be a cry baby at times. " Zain directed the last part to Tawfiq who just nodded.