Chapter 18

⚜️⚜️⚜️
So here's Chapter 18 because I value all my readers.

Tawfiq couldn't believe Habiba thought he didn't understand French.
He was homeschooled for a while and learnt all the major languages of the world. Some, he wasn't so fluent in, as the other, but he was fluent in French. And right after homeschooling, he started attending the most prestigious school in Abu Dhabi, maybe even the Middle East. A school where only a select few attended.

Tawfiq however enjoyed their banter until he got a call.
It was from Salim.
He was sure Salim had done what he had asked him to do.
Tawfiq excused myself and went to take the call.

"Salam mu Alaykum." He said to Salim.

"Waa Alaykum Salaam" he replied.

"Is everything going as planned?" He asked.

Salim knew what he meant.

"It was a little difficult but not impossible, I had to use a lot of 'you owe me' to get it done. I had her father transferred to another state as a sort of promotion." Salim paused. "Why did you want me to do it again? This is the third time I'm doing something like this for you. This time for the first time it's against a girl. I'm surprised. Explain. I deserve one." He said to him.

Tawfiq knew Salim would be curious and question his actions.

Tawfiq had done stuff like this before to people but never to a girl.

He would send people and their families, all boys, to different parts of the country because they did something to hurt someone close to him.

It was rather simple for Salim. He'd just find ways that would lead to people moving away.
Maybe a job promotion, maybe they lost their house due to unknown reasons, again, simple.

But this time it was a girl and Salim was definitely surprised.

"She-she hurt my friend." He said simply to him.
"Tsk. I need more information than that. You expect me to believe a little high school girl messed with one of your boys and you couldn't handle it by yourself?" He asked dryly.
He wasn't buying that.

"She hurt my freaking girl for Heavens sake, Salim. You know I wouldn't do that to a girl, but I warned her. You of all people know I don't warn before I act, but I did. I fucking did. But she still went ahead. She still hurt my girl and I can't forgive that." Tawfiq growled lowly.

Tawfiq hadn't realized he had been saying Habiba was his girl continuously, she wasn't his girl, but he had become used to her around him. He had friends or well acquaintances who were girls in school but he wasn't as comfortable with them like he was with Habiba.
Habiba was. . .different. She was like the rose in the weeds you just couldn't ignore.

"Tawfiq, don't tell me you got married there. Or are you now dating?" He said shocked.

Typical Salim.

"No, why would I do that? She's just a friend of mine."

For now.

"Just tell me, you made sure Lacey is okay, right? I might not like her but I wouldn't be a good person if I just didn't care. . .you have taken care of her? she won't be seen around here, right?" Tawfiq asked him.

"She's fine. Nothing to worry about. But I have to go now. Salaam." he said and ended the call.

Tawfiq turned round to go back to the oak tree and what I saw killed him.

Metaphorically.

His heart squeezed.

It was Habiba.