Chapter 32

Tawfiq shouldn't have let his guard down. He thought the family was over that issue.
What was this now?
Why kill John and target Harriet?
But if they were targeting Harriet it meant Alfonso wasn't aware.
They had to call him. Let him know people were targeting his daughter. And find the people who had killed John. And if he couldn't, Tawfiq would find them himself.

Tawfiq didn't know what to say to Dean. He was lost of words
Dean handed him his phone but Tawfiq couldn't watch it, mostly because Naima was there and he didn't want to do anything rash, yet.

"I will watch it later. I'm going to get discharged, so wait here okay? Habiba, I will be right back." Tawfiq said to both of them. He couldn't stay in the hospital for this. He had to leave now.

In the hospital room, Dean was thinking deeply.
He did not want to put anyone in danger. Especially his mother and Tawfiq. . .even Naima, Belinda and Hasia were family now.
And if anything happened to them because of his stupid extended family, he didn't know what he'd do.

Tawfiq had already done so much for their family. He was like the angel they needed at the time.
He wouldn't survive if Tawfiq got hurt or worse, because of his family issues. He loved Tawfiq too much to see him suffer because of him. He wouldn't allow it.

It was time he did something right for everyone. Right for his mother.
Right for Tawfiq.
Right for Layla.
And right for him.

He stared at Naima standing there, trying to look at him from the corner of her eye. She cared a lot about other people.
He smiled tightly at her.

"You know you can look at me, little N. I'm not going to break down and cry again. Cross my heart." He drew a cross on his heart. "Let's keep that part to ourselves? It's a big turn off for girls." Dean chuckled and Naima did the same ergo it felt forced.

"I don't think it's a turn off. A guy who can show his emotions is one of the best guys around." Naima sincerely said.

She meant it. She did not want to get married-If she ended up getting married-to someone who didn't show any emotion.
She wasn't going to marry a rock.

"Hmm. . .you are really cool, ya know?" He smiled. "Don't give Tawfiq a hard time? Take real good care of him for me, will you? I know you will. Make sure he eats well and keeps warm whenever he has a cold. Even if you have to force a turtleneck down his neck." He lightly cackled.

"Tell Belinda, I will miss her so much. And Hasia too. . ."

Naima didn't know what he was talking about. What was he doing? Was he going somewhere?
He sounded like he was saying goodbye.

"Where are you going? You are speaking like you are going far away." Naima shakily said.

"You have to understand me. I'm doing this for everyone. For my mom. For Tawfiq. So please. Please don't try and stop me." Dean said.

"But. . .B-but. . .Let's wait for Tawfiq. You guys can solve everything together. Right? You both always do." Naima tried to persuade him.
Dean took a paper from the clipboard and started writing on it.
After a while of writing, he gave it to Naima.

"You know how stubborn he can get. He won't let me go alone. I want to do this on my own. I know he won't take it well so give this to him. I have explained everything to him. I'm sorry, Naima." Dean walked out of the door quickly before he could change his mind.

He had to get very far before Tawfiq realized he was gone or else Tawfiq would catch up with him. He jogged out of the hospital, flagging down a taxi and headed straight to their loft to get a few important things. He had to leave today, no matter what.