• Chapter Two •

|E T H A N ' S  P O V|

|E T H A N ' S P O V|

Ethan only had one thought in his mind and that was:

Run.

He knew that the bears were right up his tail so he made sure he didn't lose his balance or hit any trees that were in his way.

'What should we do!?' Ethan asked the voice inside his head as he heard the bears snapping their large teeth at him.

'I don't know!' The voice exclaimed. 'Maybe we should just give up and let the bears eat us.' The voice mumbled miserably.

Ignoring what the voice said, Ethan rolled his eyes at the unhelpful voice before deciding to pick up his speed. The two large mammals didn't seem to be losing as much stamina as Ethan was and so he knew that they weren't going to be giving up anytime soon-but neither was Ethan.

CRACK! BOOM!

Ethan jumped a little at the sudden sound of lightning booming in the air. When he looked up at the sky he noticed that the sky was now covered in dark gray clouds which had rain starting to pour from them.

Ethan knew he could lose the bear now since the rain would easily cover up his scent and wash away his tracks so Ethan looked behind him to see how close the bears were. They were just a couple of steps away from digging their sharp teeth into Ethan's precious little booty. So after one last deep breath, Ethan pushed himself over his limits and ran at a rapid speed - most likely using up the last bit of energy he had left.

The bears were shocked at the sudden speed coming from the small wolf but they tried to seem unfazed and uncaring as they tried to keep up with their meal. Unfortunately for them they couldn't since Ethan was making random turns at random times so that the bears would get confused and agitated. When the finally bears grew tired his fast pace started getting slower and slower until they eventually gave up and stopped running so that they could catch their breath.

Once Ethan was unable to see the two large bears he let out a happy howl knowing he wasn't going to become dinner.

BOOM! CRACK!

Ethan yelped in fright when he heard the sound of lightning before everything suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks. The adrenaline that was once pumping through his veins vanished as if it were nonexistent making him feel the aftermath of using up all of his energy while he had no food in his stomach.

He felt ten times worse than he had felt a few hours ago, and he was feeling a little light headed. He had to take a few wobbly steps in order to regain his posture since he didn't want to willingly fall face first onto the ground. After a few short seconds, and a small shake of his head, Ethan decided to look for shelter so he could hide from the rain and so he could block out the sound of lightning.