• Chapter Six •

|H A L E ' S P O V|

|H A L E ' S P O V|

"Yeah? What is it?" Hale asked.

"Well, as I was giving your mate a checkup I noticed that his claws seemed more battered and overgrown for a wolf his age and that his teeth seemed more jagged and rougher than usual." Emerson began. "Normally, this only occurs to werewolves who choose not to shift or to wolves who haven't shifted in a long time."

"What are you getting at Emerson?" Hale asked impatiently.

"Well, what I'm trying to say is that your mate hasn't shifted in over ten years," Emerson stated, causing Hales eyes to widen in surprise.

"My mate hasn't shifted in over ten years?" This question earned a small nod from the doctor.

"I'm also starting to suspect that he is starting to forget about his human side which is seriously bad," Emerson said concernedly.

"Why?" Hale asked.

"Well, if his human side continues to get ignored and neglected, it will slowly begin to fade away until it is no longer apart of him. Once his human side is gone he would no longer feel the bond the two of you share and he will turn into a regular, wild wolf," Emerson explained, which made Hale's stomach drop.

"Do you know how long I have until his human side disappears?" Hale asked worriedly.

"I'm not too sure, to be honest, but I do suggest that you help him shift as soon as possible," Emerson advised.

"Okay." Hale nodded his head at the order.

"Well, anyway I'm going back in to see him do you want to come along?" Emerson asked.

"Uh. S-Sure." Hale answered before letting our a forced cough, hoping that Emerson didn't hear his small stutter.

He did.

Hale wasn't going to admit this, but he was beginning to get nervous since this would be the first time he would see his mate conscious. His palms were already beginning to sweat before they even made it to the door and once they did make it to the door his heart was beating twice as fast than usual. He didn't think he could get any more nervous but he was proven wrong when his lungs decided to stop working for a mere second when he saw Emerson's hand beginning to open the door.

The current occupant of the room turned his head at the sound of the door being opened and saw Emerson standing next to a taller figure. The wolves hazel eyes immediately began scanning the newcomer's body from head to toe taking note of his large form and broad shoulders, before finally meeting Hales dark brown orbs that had already been staring at him. The pair found themselves trapped under each other gaze, neither one of them wanting to look. Hale felt like he could've stared at the wolves for hours on end but sadly the wolf had begun feeling shy and moved his eyes downward which broke whatever trance Hale was in.