• Chapter Five •

|H A L E ' S  P O V|

|H A L E ' S P O V|

One. Week.

One. Whole. Freaking. Week.

That's how long its been since Hale had first caught his mate scent and that's how long it has been for Hale to start losing his marbles. He was so close to ripping out all of his fur because he was so frustrated with himself that he hadn't found his mate yet.

Part of the reasons why he hadn't been able to find her yet was because her scent had faded slightly since she had crossed a lake which made her fur wet and barely trackable so Hale had to remember all of his training that he had learned from his father to be able to find her.

'I'm so tired.' Hale groaned exhaustedly, walking at a very slow pace.

The moon and stars were out, shining brightly and beautifully over a very cranky and very tired Hale who seemed to be wearing a permanent scowl on his face while his eyes barely held themselves open.

'That's what you get for not sleeping for two days Hale.' Hale's wolf, Wayne teased which earned a growl from Hale.

The reason why Hale hadn't slept for the past two days was because he had found a freshly made trail of paw prints and his mate's scent that was very dense which told Hale that he was gaining up on her so he didn't really have the time to rest.

'I'm....' Hale let out a loud yawn. 'I'm just going to rest my eyes for a quick second.' Hale mumbled tiredly as his eyes begun fluttering shut.

'We can't rest now Hale!' Wayne whined like a child throwing a fit, causing Hales eyes to snap open. 'Our mate is so close I can literally feel her.'

'That's what you said seven days ago, Wayne.' Hale groaned in annoyance.

'Well, this time I know she's close Hale! I can feel it!' Hale just rolled his eyes at Wayne's word.

'Look, I'm tired so I'm going to sleep.' Hale muttered. 'We'll look for her first thing tomorrow.' Hale stated as he walked towards a nearby tree before curling up into a ball against it.

'Not now Hale.' Wayne whined but Hale only ignored him as he closed his eyelids slowly, entering dreamworld.

Hale probably only had about one hour of sleep before he was abruptly awoken by a sudden bang, echoing through the forest which caused Hale's eyes to fly open.

'What was that?' Wayne asked as Hale jumped to his feet.

'I think it was a gun.' Hales answered.