Part 8

Stiles had ditched the pack meeting the last weeks because he couldn't stand being next to Derek. It made him sad and his hormones were killing him anyway. He just couldn't stand that. So he was home alone as there should have been a pack meeting, which was cancelled, but Stiles didn't know about that. There was a knock at the door, which confused Stiles as he wasn't expecting anyone. "Yeah?", he screamed towards the person at the door and turned around as he heard the door opening instead of a response. When he saw Derek entering he jumped up. "D-Derek, what are you doing here?", he asked shocked. "I wanted to check up on you. You have been acting weird lately. Well weirder than you usually act. And the pack was concerned so I came here to....", Derek explained and suddenly stopped to sniff the air "why are you smelling different?" "What?", Stiles asked trying to cover up his secret. "You smell different", Derek furrowed his brows and took a step in Stiles' direction. "No I don't!", Stiles tried to say it as determined as possible. Derek tried coming closer to him and Stiles didn't know what to do so he panicked and passed him to run out the door. Derek was too startled to do anything, he just stood and stared. Meanwhile Stiles ran as fast as his feet could take him to the place he knew Derek wouldn't follow him to. Minutes later he was standing in front of the Argent household and knocked on the door frantically looking around if Derek was anywhere to be seen. Allison came to open the door and was more than surprised to see Stiles there trying to catch his breath. "Stiles are you okay? Did you run here?", she asked with wide eyes and Stiles just nodded so she guided him inside. "Why didn't you take your car?", she asked as he sat him in a chair. "Panicked", Stiles croaked out and Allison rubbed his back soothingly. Stiles wasn't able to control his breath and tears started to roll down his cheeks as he worried about his baby. "Who was at the door?", Chris asked and immediatly pulled out his mobile phone as he saw Stiles panicking.

"Beacon Hills Police Department, Deputy Parrish, how can I help you", Parrish answered the phone.  "It's Chris Argent. Please hand me to the sheriff", Chris said with pressure in his voice and Parrish send the call over to his boss. "Beacon Hills....", the sheriff started as he picked up the phone. "It's Chris. Stiles is over here having a panic attack!" "I'm on my way", he just said, then ended the call and hurried out of the police station.

Meanwhile Allison had quickly send a message to their alpha duo, thinking they might be able to help Stiles, not knowing one of them was the reason for this whole tragedy. She was still rubbing Stiles' back. "Why did you run here in the first place?", she asked as Stiles had calmed down a little. "I ran from Derek", Stiles asked not caring about revealing some of his secret at the moment "he wouldn't follow me here. He wouldn't just storm into a hunter's house". "I just texted Derek to come here", Allison confessed frowning. "Allie, why?", Stiles aked his breath picking up again. "I didn't know what was wrong with you, I'm so sorry", she squealed. "It's not your fault, Allie", he breathed out laying a hand on his belly absentmindedly. That was the moment sheriff Stilinski stormed through the open door and panicked at the sight of Stiles clutching his belly. He ran inside and knelt in front of his son. "Stiles, are you okay?", he asked searching him for any kind of harm "is the baby okay?" "Yeah, we are both good", Stiles could finally breath as he knew he was safe beside his dad. "Thank god", Noah let out a breath. They smiled at each other as they heard a chorus of "baby?!" coming from Allison and Chris next to them and from Scott and Deek that had just appeared in the door. Stiles rubbed his hand over his belly as the sheriff formed an "I'm sorry" with his lips. Stiles smiled at him weakly. "It's okay, dad", Stiles said softly. "You're pregnant?", Derek asked from the door. Stiles hesitantly shifted his gaze until he was looking at Derek. "Yes", he then answered truthfully and everyone around him gasped in surprise. "That's why you smell different", Derek concluded and looked him in the eyes as he asked "is it mine?" Time seemed to stand still in that moment. All eyes were on Stiles and he swallowed the lump in his throat as he fixed his eyes on Derek's and answered with a simple but shaking "yes". All jaws dropped to the floor then and there. Derek took a deep breath and nodded to himself then turned around and left the house. Noah could hear Stiles' heart breaking from where he was sitting on the floor. He lay a hand on his son's knee to signal him that he wasn't alone in this. Even if Derek might have turned his back on him and the baby, Noah would stand with them. He just hoped that this wouldn't break Stiles. He knew how afraid he was for anyone to find out. Knew how much he feared that everyone could hate him and leave him behind. But still Stiles managed to breathe in and out eventually, keeping his emotions in track for his and the baby's sake as he rubbed soothing circle on his still barely noticeable bump. Allison looked at him with pity in her face. "I'm so sorry, Stiles. I shouldn't have texted him to come over. I didn't want you to get hurt". "It's okay", he put on a tired and sad smile "I already knew he would leave as soon as he found out". Just as the words had left his mouth Derek stood outside, opening his arms as to welcome the whole world, a smile on his face, no one has ever seen on him and his head looking up into heaven as he started yelling from the top of his lungs. "I AM GONNA BE A FATHER", it sounded so genuinely happy that Stiles teared up "I AM HAVING A BABY WITH MY MATE".