Part 7

Two weeks later they were making a test game and as in every regular game Stiles was sitting on the bench watching everyone else playing. Scott hated to see his best friend there alone. He knew how much he always wanted to be at first line with him. But he knew that Stiles' thoughts were somewhere else. He could see it in his features, the crinkle in his forehead. "Stilinski", coach yelled across the field "hey Stilinski we need you over here to stop the time". Stiles didn't react to anything the coach said and Scott slowly made his way over to his best friend. But the coach of course had other methods in mind to get Stiles' attention. He threw a lacrosseball, attempting it to land right before Stiles but instead hitting him on his stomach. Gladly the ball wasn't thrown with much force but the hit alone tipped Stiles off the bench as he was fearing for his baby. He looked up at coach first with fear in his expression, then hurt and then his eyes started to fill with tears and he turned away. "Stilinski, I wasn't purposefully aiming at you", coach tried to apologize but someone got into his face. "Are you crazy?! Throwing lacrosse balls around at people? Do you ever think about the consequences of your actions. He could be seriously hurt because you wanted his attention!", Jackson screamed at his coach. Scott was over at Stiles' side already to help him up. "Are you okay, bro?", he asked as Stiles sat down again. "I guess so", Stiles nodded "thanks". "If anything happened to him, I swear I will ruin you, do you hear me?", Jackson was screaming at the coach and Danny needed to pull him away from him so this conversation didn't end in a fight. Jackson took a deep breath and thanked Danny, then they both got over to Stiles and Scott. "Are you okay?!", Jackson asked suddenly switching from angry to concerned in no time. "Yeah, I think I am", Stiles said but looked at Jackson with fear in his eyes. Jackson understood immediatly. What if I am but the baby is not? "How about I take you to the nurse, I mean, coach doesn't want me here anyway I guess", Jackson tried to play it cool. "Thanks Jackson", it was Scott who said that. He was confused at first that Stiles and Jackson got along all of a sudden. But they were his pack and he was happy that everyone got along. "C'mon Scott, let's try to calm coach down", Danny rolled his eyes but Scott followed his team mate nevertheless. As soon as everyone was away Stiles started crying. "I am gonna call Lydia", Jackson said and the girl picked up immediatly telling Jackson to meet her at the nurse's office. They also called Noah who told them they should pay Deaton a visit. And so they walked through the halls to pick up Lydia and drove to the animal clinic together. Noah was already waiting inside with Deaton. "What happened?", both of them asked in unsion. "Coach threw a lacrosse ball at him...it landed on his stomach", Jackson grit out. "I am gonna end him", Lydia spat who hadn't heard the full story until now. "Okay come on lie down", Deaton told Stiles "are you in pain". "Emotionally yes", Stiles admit "physically no". "I am sure everything is fine", Deaton tried to calm him down. Jackson and Lydia turned to leave the room as they thought they didn't belong but Stiles stopped them. "Would you stay?", he asked in a whisper. "Of course sweetie", Lydia smiled and took his hand. Jackson smiled a little proud and settled on his other side. Noah was standing behind him and was massaging his shoulders softly trying to relax his son a bit. Deaton prepared everything for an ultrasound and Stiles lifted his shirt, knowing what was about to come, making his belly visible for everyone in the room. "Oh my god you have a tiny bump already", Lydia squeeled in delight as she looked at it. Stiles had to laugh a bit and it felt so good. "Okay now let me have a look at your baby", Deaton said and the smile on Stiles' face was replaced by worry. "It's gonna be alright", Noah whispered and Stiles nodded, wanting to believe it. "This is gonna be a little cold", Deaton warned as he put the gel on Stiles' belly. A picture appeared on the screen and Deaton looked at it intendly. He turned his head to Stiles and smiled after some minutes. "Everything looks perfectly fine", he said softly "the heart beat is normal, nothing seems off. The baby is healthy". "Thank god", Stiles let his head fall back and Noah released a breath he had been holding since Deaton had started the check up. "Oh my god", Lydia smiled at the screen "I am gonna be an aunt". "Yes, you are Lyds", Stiles smiled while a single tear of reliev slipped down his cheek. "That's amazing", Jackson grinned "I am gonna...have a baby pack member". Jackson's face fell a little as he realised he wouldn't be as close to the baby as Lydia. After all Stiles and him have just now become friends. "You are gonna be an uncle Jackson", Stiles smirked at him and Jackson couldn't hide his excitement. "Really? Oh my god, I have to tell Danny. Wait, no I can't. Anyways that's awesome", he practically jumped. "You can tell him someday", Stiles smiled "oh and thanks for getting me here". "You're welcome", Jackson said "anytime". "Yeah", Lydia agreed. Meanwhile Noah talked with Deaton about the ultrasound and they soon returned to the teenagers with new ultrasound pictures in hand. Noah had already put his into his jacket and handed one to Stiles. "Look at my baby", he cooed and Lydia smiled at him. Noah coughed and held out two pictures for Jackson and Lydia to take. "I thought the two of you might want a picture of your niece or nephew", he smiled at them. "Thanks dad", Stiles smiled too. "Thank you, sheriff", Lydia awed at the picture that was handed to her. Jackson was at a loss for words and just stared at the picture. "Jeez, don't hate me but I hope it's a girl", Lydia said. "Me too", Jackson confessed whispering and started laughing. "Big, bad Jackson hoping for a niece", Lydia sassed. "I just hope it's healthy and I can handle it", Stiles admit. "We all just hope it can handle you", Noah joked and everyone started laughing.