Part 4

"I can't believe I am having a baby", Stiles looked at the ultrasound picture in awe as they were driving home. "Now I gotta watch what you're eating", Noah joked. "Thanks for being by my side, dad. I don't think I could handle this without you", Stiles stated and smiled at his father. "No need to thank me. I am just so excited to have a grandchild", Noah beamed of joy. "I guess I am gonna steel your clothes soon...", Stiles said thinking about how to hide his belly in a few month "I mean I can't let anyone at school know". "Take what you need", Noah shrugged. When they arrived home they settled down in the living room dropping on the couch exhausted from the events and both fell asleep during some movie that was playing on the tv screen.
The next weeks Stiles tried to act as normal as a non pregnant teenager would. He went to school and talked to his friends. He even still showed up to lacrosse practice mostly because he knew he wouldn't be playing anyway. It was weird that he was the only one around knowing that he wasn't the same person anymore, or rather not alone anymore. He noticed some changes in his behaviour but they were bearable and not that noticeable for now. He was getting really emotional but could luckily control it pretty good. At least until he found a safe place to cry. And he ate more than before, yeah even more. He needed to vomit a lot, thankfully in the mornings so he didn't need to kneel on the school toilet floor, gross. Still he needed to use that toilet even more cause he swears that his bladder shrunk. But besides that his life was as normal as it could be in his situation. He sat down at the lunch table next to his friends and started eating...whatever it was that they got served. Ugh, he really shouldn't eat that or else he was going to have to vomit on the school toilet. He pushed his tablet back in disgust. "Are you alright?", Allison asked. "Um, yeah. Just not hungry", he smiled at her. "That's concerning", Isaac laughed and Stiles smiled. "I'm fine", he assured them and they continued to talk about their homework. "Ugh, Derek is calling a meeting today", Scott stated as he watched at his phone screen. "I can't come", Stiles spoke up maybe a little bit too fast "tell him I'm sorry". "What's up?", Scott asked. "I gotta help my dad", Stiles said and technically he wasn't even lying. Scott knew how much work a house was with only one parent and not that much money so he didn't ask on. God bless him. "But it's always so boring without you", Scott whined and Stiles had to laugh. "That's true and Derek seems to be pissed when you aren't there. Well even more than anyway", Isaac shrugged and Stiles frowned. "I'm sorry guys", he apologized. He thought Derek would be groumpier when he was around. Maybe he was pissed because there wasn't anyone he could scream at. Anyways Stiles couldn't stand being in a room with Derek right now so he had to let his friends go through this alone. "Promise me you will come next time?", Scott asked and made puppy eyes at his best friend. And damn those hormones because Stiles accepted. "Yes, of course Scottie. I won't let you be alone next time", Stiles promised. "Awesome", Scott smiled "how is studying going for you?" "Alright so far", Stiles said honestly although he had been a little distracted lately "how's it going for you?" "Okay I guess, I've still got a lot to do", Scott sighed. "I would help you, but I am already stuck with helping Jackson", Lydia spoke up and Scott smirked. "Of course you are studying",  he wiggled his eyebrows at Jackson who rolled his eyes but smirked nevertheless. Stiles grinned to himself, knowing something the others didn't. "Oh, shut up!", Lydia sighed annoyed "we are indeed studying. At least I am trying to get some sense into that brain of his". "Hey", Jackson exclaimed but smiled at his former girlfriend. "At least you are all able to learn. I mean I am grateful that I can live with Derek, I really am. But have you been in a room with him alone? He just stares into nothing with that angry stare and I really can't concentrate on my work like that", Isaac spoke up. Everyone laughed except for Stiles. He indeed had been alone in a room with Derek but it was nothing like what Isaac had just described. Derek had been happy and sweet and damn, that freaking alcohol ruined Stiles' life. He shouldn't have let it come that far anyway. But he didn't regret it. That night gave him his baby so it wasn't a mistake. Not for Stiles anyway. "Maybe you could try and talk to him?", Allison suggested "I am sure he doesn't stare the whole day". "No, of course not. Sometimes he yells at Peter", Isaac shrugged. "That's progress", Stiles joked. Although he wasn't comfortable with Derek around he could still talk about him. The others would get suspicious anyway if he just stopped making fun of Derek's brooding behaviour. "Maybe I should just study in the library", Isaac thought out loud "or while playing lacrosse. It would still be less of a distraction than Derek's staring". "Coach would be pissed, dude", Scott laughed. "Oh, you shouldn't piss him off any more. Some players already told him they won't come to practice cause they have to study, me included", Jackson told them "he held a speech about how all of us are more interested in getting good grades than we are in being a team and winning". "How can he even be a teacher?", Stiles frowned. "So I guess we are gonna be tortured at practice tomorrow although we are the loyal ones", Isaac rolled his eyes. "Probably", Stiles agreed, already thinking about how to possibly do the minimum on practice without coach knowing.