Part 9

Because of your loveley comments I just had to update as soon as possible. So here it is, I hope you enjoy it. Love you all❤

Did Derek just say mate? Stiles face froze in shock at his words. A little smile tugged at the corner of the sheriff's lips as he heard the words of the alpha outside. "Dou you want to talk to him?", Noah asked his son to make sure before he left him alone with the father of his unborn child. Stiles nodded at him unable to speak which was a really rare thing given it was Stiles. "Ok good", he whispered to his son then spoke up louder as he said "Chris I heard you got some new wepons you wanted to show me". Thankfully Chris got the hint and said "oh, yeah. They are in the garage, come on. I'll show you!" They both left the room and Allison took that as her cue to move Scott away as well. "Scott, come on. I wanted to show you my outfit for Lydia's party", she said sweetly reaching a hand out for her boyfriend to take. Scott threw a glnace at Stiles to confirm he wanted to be left alone and Stiles nodded at him. Scott smiled at his best friend and then took Allison's hand, who led him upstairs. Derek came back inside to an empty room. Well except for Stiles of course. He still had a smile on his face but that fell as he saw Stiles' expression. Every emotion washed over the younger boy's face. Confusion, hurt, fear, but Derek also saw a hint of hope in his eyes. "Stiles?", he attempted to walk closer to him and when Stiles didn't make an attempt to stop him he only stopped when he was standing right in front of him. "Why did you say I am your mate?", Stiles asked looking to the floor. "Because you are", Derek stated as if it was the simplest fact in the world. "I thought you hated me", Stiles asked confused. "Why would you think that?", Derek got to his knees to look at Stiles. "I just assumed", Stiles shrugged. "Well, I did the same when you left me alone after...well...our night together", Derek confessed. "You remember that?", Stiles head shot up so he could look at Derek. "Of course I do!", Derek exclaimed. "I thought you were drunk and just... I don't know... I thought you would think it was a mistake", Stiles admit. "I was sober the whole night. I knew exactly what I did and I didn't regret it one single day. I thought you left because you acted on your drunkness and thought it was a mistake", Derek told him. "I was sober too", Stiles stated and looked at Derek expectandly. "So we both just assumed things and made life complicated", Derek summed up and attempted to smile at his mate. "If I had known that I wouldn't have left", Stiles tried to explain himself. "No, Stiles. I get it. I am not exactly a pleasure to be around. I know I am rough and cold and mostly rude. I understand now why you would think that I didn't like you and I am truly sorry", Derek looked to the floor, hurt in his face. He was afraid to show emotion, because he was afraid to get hurt again. "I didn't think someone as wonderful as you could like someone like me back. So I just assumed that was the case when you were missing next to me the next morning", he finished. "I'm sorry that you think like that. Derek I always liked you, I just didn't think I had a chance. And when we had sex that night I was so happy. But when I woke up and thought about how you wouldn't remember any of it due to the alcohol it broke my heart. I had to leave. If I had known...", Stiles shook his head. "You know now", Derek smiled at him "I love you Stiles. I really do. I did since I saw you in the forest with Scott. I knew you were my mate when you kept me alive in that pool for three hours. I'm sorry I am not good with expressing my feelings, but I would really want to show you how much I do love you, Stiles. And how much I love the fact that you are having my baby. I am so sorry you had to go through that alone", Derek looked back to the floor ashamed. "I wasn't alone", Stiles was only able to react on this part of Derek's talk "I had my dad". "I'm glad", Derek smiled at him. It turned a little sad as he noticed that Stiles wasn't reacting on the other things he had said. He shifted uncomfortable, afraid he opened up just to be hurt again. But then Stiles took a deep breath. "Derek, I...", he started but began crying. Derek pulled him into his arms immediatly rubbing circles on his back to soothe him. "When you went outside, I thought this was it. I thought you would leave me now that you know. To know you are happy, to know you actually love me...my god...I can't even put into words how that feels", Stiles sobbed. "Is it the good kind or the bad kind?", Derek asked hesitantly and Stiles leant back out of his grip to look at him. "It's the all-I-ever-wanted kind", Stiles smiled through his tears "I love you too, sourwolf". With that said Derek let out a breath he had been holding for far too long and leant in to kiss Stiles. The kiss held all the happiness they felt at this very moment, all the love they both had bottled up inside of them for far too long. "We have to get better at communicating", Stiles laughed as they parted for air and Derek joined in on the laughter. "I'm so glad Allison texted you", he then smiled and leant in to peck Derek's lips again. "I'm so sorry that our lifes are a mess", Derek apologized. "I don't know about you, but I am pretty happy right now", Stiles grinned although his cheeks were still tear stained. "I am more than happy", Derek stated and smiled. Stiles took his hand and laid it on his belly. "Hey baby, this is your father and guess what? He loves you", Stiles spoke to his abdomen softly. Derek stared in wonder then caught Stiles' gaze. "We're gonna be parents", he assumed, shining of happiness. "We are gonna be parents", Stiles repeated, every fiber if his being full of relief that Derek loved him and their baby.