Part 12

"Stiles", Melissa called for him when they entered the house. Stiles came down immediatly and looked at her confused. She had Scott's arm in her hand as if she had dragged him there. "Scott lost his mind", she just stated throwing her other hand in the air. "We all know that", Stiles sassed "but why exactly do you think that now?" "Well he tried to tell me that you are pregnant in third month and he kept telling me I should ask you if I don't believe him that I finally came over here to show him how crazy he is", Melissa said. "Jesus Christ, Scott. Stop lying to your mother", Stiles shook his head at him offended and Melissa grinned triumphantly but that grin fell when Stiles continued talking "I am in fourth month, god damn it. I swear to god you will miss your niece's or nephew's birth if you keep messing the time up like that". "Sorry, man", Scott shrugged "I always mix that up". "What is happening here?", Melissa asked shocked. "Would you let go of my arm, mom?", Scott raised his eyebrows and Melissa let go hesitantly. "Um, why is your door open?", Derek asked as he appeared in the doorframe. "Because I let guests in", Noah said who was watching the chaos amused since he had opened the door for Melissa and Scott. "Okay?", Derek shrugged then smiled as he saw Stiles "how are you doing?" "I am mostly good", Stiles replied. "Mostly?", Derek asked. "Yeah", Stiles stated "you didn't kiss me, Scott mixed up the pregnancy dates again and Melissa thinks I am crazy". "I can at least fix one of that problems", Derek smiled and leant in to kiss him short but softly. "You're not crazy, just so you know", Scott stated. "Thanks Scottie", Stiles smiled happy that his friends took care of his sensible feelings. "I never said you are crazy", Melissa tried to defend herself. "You said I was crazy for saying Stiles is pregnant. Well, he is", Scott accused. "I didn't mean to call you crazy", Melissa then apologized. "Why are you nice to him and so mean to me?", Scott whined. "Instead of whining you should tell me what is happening, Scott", Melissa glared at her son. "I have already told you what is going on", Scott gaped at his mother "Stiles really is pregnant". "Yeah I am", Stiles confirmed. "But how is that even possible?", Melissa stared at them with a dropped jaw. "Well that's actually a quite long story so if you might want to sit down and have a coffee...", Stiles gestured towards the table and Melissa sighed but followed the way his hand pointed. Noah closed the door and then went to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee as Stiles sat down with their guests and told the whole story again. When Noah joined them with the coffee he smiled at Melissa's face full of confusion and amazement. "No coffee for you", Derek said as Stiles tried to reach out for a mug. "Jeez, Derek. Stop being so overprotective", Stiles rolled his eyes "I was reaching for the glass of water". He wasn't even lying. Noah had brought over a glass of water for him because he remembered that Claudia wasn't allowed to drink coffee when she was pregnant with Stiles. "I just want to make sure...", Derek mumbled a little embarassed. "It's fine", Stiles smiled at him "just...I have dealt with this situation for quite some time now and I know the do's and dont's. And believe me I wouldn't do anything to hurt the baby". "I know you wouldn't", Derek had always trusted Stiles with anything "but I am also keeping an eye out on you". "Yeah you do that", Stiles took a sip of his water "get in line after my dad". That made both, Noah and Derek, laugh. "I am still not really able to believe this", Melissa mumbled more to herself than to anyone else. "I know it's a lot", Stiles smiled at her sympathetically "actually I know best". "What do you know best?", Peter asked as he just casually walked inside with Isaac trailing behind him. "Oh hey, there you are", Stiles smiled at them "excellent timing. Why don't you sit down and...". "Wait a second", Isaac interrupted him "why are there eight heartbeats but only seven people around?" "You trained him well", Stiles turned to Derek "always so observant". Derek shrugged with a proud smile playing on his lips. "He's right", Peter confirmed after listening intendly "but one of them is pretty weak. Do you have a dying person in your cellar? Care to enlighten us?" "We certainly do NOT have a dying person in our house", Noah spoke up glaring at Peter who raised his hands in defeat. "No it...sounds more like getting energy and not losing it", Isaac stated in thought, keeping on listening to the eighth heartbeat that he didn't knew. "That's because it's only starting to live", Stiles answered Isaac's unspoken question and looked at him intendly waiting for any kind of reaction from him. "Melissa, are you pregnant?", Peter just asked bluntly. "No, I am not", Melissa returned and left Peter confused. Isaac on the other hand still had his gaze on Stiles because he was the one that had given the answer so he must be the one involved, right? "Stiles...?", Isaac asked softly seeing as Stiles' face was slowly turning into a frown and his eyes were filling with tears. The fear of rejection from one of his closest friends was just too much for his hormones. "You're gonna be an uncle", he just croaked out and looked down because he couldn't stand the eye contact any longer. "What?", Isaac asked with a poker face and looked around the room fixing his gaze on Scott who nodded at him smiling and confirming this piece of information. "Did you start a relationship with Stiles and got him pregnant, nephew?", Peter raised a brow. "Yeah", Derek answered. "You did good", Peter smiled at him proudly "congratulations". "It was about time for the two of you", Isaac finally spoke up smiling widely and Stiles looked up at him "you don't have to hide away, Stiles. We are friends, pack, family. I am happy for you. And I am gonna have a nephew or niece soon how awesome it that?" Stiles exhaled a huge breath of relief and was soon hugged by Peter and Isaac. "How come everyone takes this as completely usual? No offense", Melissa spoke up. "Once you nearly get killed by one of your friends who turned into a giant murder lizard you kinda enjoy the good things more even if they may seem odd to others", Isaac stated and a happy tear traveled down Stiles' cheek.