ch. 8

nepenthe
ch.8

His throat constricts. There is a numbness in his fingertips that is spreading in circular motions, pulsing up and down until it reaches his ears. He can't breathe, he can only see.

Years of acting in college had been thrown out the window.

He was so, so dead.

"no."

The way he says it is too calm, to rehearsed.

Taehyung yells. He winces.

"LIAR!"

"Taehyung! Sit down!"

"Only if he answers truthfully!"

Yoongi grips Taehyungs shoulder with warning.

Taehyung is silent, but his eyes piecing through Seokjin's brain were not.

Seokjin didn't even think he was suicidal. The word 'suicidal' itself bore a sense of shame. He didn't want that kind of label put on him, and he didn't even want to die most of the time. He just wanted to escape. He takes a look at their faces. So upset.

—>That need to escape upsets them.

(Meaning) You upset them.

Wow. What a shocker

(i'm not even suicidal.
they're just cornering me.
it's making me nervous.
that's all.)

With a little more confidence now.
Tell them the truth
You are not suicidal.

"I am not suicidal," he says.

"Jungkook, I don't think that was the right way to ask."

"Well at least I asked."

Before the situation could escalate any further, Seokjin waves his hands  with a stiff shoulders, "why is the conversation happening?" He repeats, "I'm not suicidal."

Taehyung's face once again reddens. Not the ruddy kind, but the kind of red synonymous with frustration. Namjoon put a soothing hand on his knee. Taehyung's anger was physically exhausting to watch. He was never this upset so much at once. Seokjin felt an obligation to fix it, but how does one go about fixing when they are the problem?

"Taehyung, would you please explain to me why you are so sure?"

Seokjin is careful not to use 'VV'. Taehyung's face falls when he notices.

I thought you didn't want me to use nicknames?

I?

There is an obvious line of miscommunication between them. Maybe between all of them.

Taehyung's teeth show as his lip quivers. His eyes flash between multitudes of colors in chronic waves. Seokjin can't seem to understand just how he was able to make his members so upset, and how they came across the conclusion in the first place. It was a bit scary, not knowing what he had caused and to what extent the damage reached.