3. Rowlet, Litten and Popplio

(Image Credit: Bia Busana on ArtStation)

"Hey sis, wake up! We're here!"  

Y/N slowly opened her eyes, facing Sun. He had a big smile on his face. "We arrived at Alola!"  He got up and grabbed her hand, running down the lane of the plane.  "S-Sun, hold on!," she exclaimed, surprised at her brother's excitement. 

They left the airport and looked around. Alola was beautiful. The ocean was bright blue, flowers were blooming, and the people here looked happy. Sun breathed in the fresh air and took out the piece of paper. "Okay, we're looking for a guy named Kukui. Spot for anyone without a shirt sis."  Y/N shook her head but looked around. There were a lot of people dressed for the proper heat, which wasn't surprising at all. She wondered if she had an appropriate outfit for the region.

After walking around the Melemele island, Sun spotted a tall man that fit the description. The man then turned around which made Sun flinch. The man stared at him concerned but smiled and walked towards them, lifting up his shades.

"Excuse me, are you guys  Sun and Y/N?"

He was wearing a white coat along with a hat, and he was not wearing a shirt. He took out his hand towards Y/N. "I'm Professor Kukui! Nice to meet you."

As they walked towards route 1 where his home and lab was located, Professor Kukui introduced himself. He specializes in pokemon moves, is a married man to another professor, and surprisingly says that he's been in Kanto before. Sun's eyes widened. "Wow, is that true? What do you think about the region then?," he asks. Professor Kukui grins. "It's a marvelous place! I traveled there to challenge the Indigo League and even met Lance."  Sun, a bit disappointed, rolled his eyes. 

"We met Lance too. He would come to our house every Friday for dinner."

Once they arrived at Professor Kukui's home which was located near the ocean, he told the siblings to stay still. He then pulled out three pokeballs, smiling at their curious faces. "So, did Terry mention that you'll be getting a pokemon? Well, here they are!"  He tossed the pokeballs in the air and cute little pokemon came out, looking up at Sun and Y/N.

"This big guy here is Rowlet, the grass type. The slender black cat is Litten, the fire type. And this cute blue thing is Popplio, the water type. Now then, go ahead and choose!"

They stared at the small pokemon in awed. Y/N had her eyes on Popplio, who had a thing for water type pokemon. But it must be because she missed Lapras, the small pokemon's big eyes looking at her E/C eyes. She smiled, pointing at Popplio. "I choose you!"  Popplio barked and ran towards Y/N who held out her arms happily.

Professor Kukui smiled. He looked at Sun, who still hadn't chosen. "What's wrong?," he asked concerned. Sun shook his head. "...They're just too cute. I can't chose which one I want my pokemon to be."

Litten meowed and Rowlet began to fall asleep.

Kukui placed his hand on Sun's  shoulder. "No need to worry! Go ahead and chose them both."

Everyone looked at him surprised. Kukui laughed. "One of them will be left out and I'm not sure what to do with them. Hopefully these guys don't cause too much trouble for you."  Sun smiled excitedly. He held out his arms but Litten and Rowlet charged at him, making him fall on his back. 

They entered the house (which was more like a cabin) and Professor Kukui showed them around. Their rooms, living room, kitchen, so on. "Now," explained Kukui, "I have a lab downstairs. You are allowed to go down there if I'm down there, but otherwise you do not have permission."  Y/N and Sun nodded. Kukui nods and heads towards the front door.

"I'll be right back. My wife, Professor Burnet, will arrive soon. Make yourselves at home and in the mean time, get to know your pokemon."  

Sun patted Litten who was on his lap. "So, this is where we'll be living," he muttered. He turned to his sister who was playing with Popplio and Rowlet. "Y/N, will you be okay? I mean, all of this...happened so fast. Our parents...Kanto."  She looked at him sadly but looked at Popplio.

"I think I'll be alright. Popplio...she'll keep me happy here."  Popplio barked happily, trotting towards her trainer. Sun nodded disappointingly but looked at Litten and Rowlet. 

"...Yeah, I guess you're right."