6. Gladion's Outcome

(Image Credit: NegativeScythe on DeviantArt)

Y/N expected to feel the impact of flames, any painful burns, anything that would cause her to get scorched. She didn't feel anything though. Slowly and nervously she opened her eyes, seeing rock pillars in front of her, but most importantly seeing a Lycanroc besides her, growling towards the Salandit who got knocked out by the impact of the huge rocks. She then hears footsteps behind her. Y/N turns around quickly and sees  someone along with an Umbreon walking towards her, but their focus was on the group of grunts who's faces turned white.

He sighs, glaring at them. "...Of course it's you guys. How idiotic can you be?," he says disappointingly. The group gulps, quickly putting the rest of their pokeballs away. Tupp walks forward anxiously, looking behind his friends. "...Yo G-Gladion," Tupp stutters, "haven't seen you in a long time!"  Gladion, the mysterious person who saved Y/N, rolls his eyes annoyingly.

"Why are you idiots wasting your time with this girl? Shouldn't you be back in Ula'ula Island? Get out my face."  The grunts quickly nod nervously and run away, leaving Y/N and Gladion alone. 

Y/N stared at him fearful. Her thoughts were going crazy, her becoming suspicious of this guy. "Did he just come out of the forest?," she quietly says to Popplio, hoping that he didn't hear her. She wanted to go around this guy and run back home, but he and his pokemon were basically cornering her. Gladion then turns towards Y/N, making her flinch. She gulps, thinking about what she said to Sun.

If he walks any closer to me, I'm kicking him where no guy should experience!

Indeed, Gladion walks towards her with his Umbreon and Lycanroc besides him. He looked very menacing, his face mostly hidden by the night. Popplio barked, telling his pokemon to stay away. Y/N shook her head, her E/C eyes becoming dull. "Who are you? Let me go!," she says trying not to sound scared. He walks closer to her however, ignoring her cries. Now basically face to face, she gritted her teeth and glances at Gladion.

Before he could say anything, Y/N kicks him in the groin, Gladion's eyes widening shocked.

He groans in pain. Not taking any chances, she quickly ran away. Gladion's pokemon stared stunned and concerned at their trainer who was on his knees, grabbing his area in agony. Lycanroc starts to head after Y/N but Gladion stops the furious pokemon. "...Don't," he orders, his raspy voice in pain. He looks up slowly, seeing her running away. He looks down again, processing on what just happened. 

"Why did she...did she feel intimidated?..."  

He looked up again, not seeing Y/N anymore.

As she made herself towards home, she couldn't stop shaking. Popplio looked up at Y/N worried, but was mostly proud of her trainer. "I can't believe I did that," she said quickly. The ocean waves collided under the moon, the starry night glimmering under her. "I didn't want to do that," she said to Popplio, the sand under her feet. "He helped me from those people, but something about how he looked and how he acted made me feel. I don't like to label people Popplio, really. But that guy, Gladion was his name, he just made feel weird..."

"...It's not being frightened, or being comfortable."

When she got home, Sun worriedly complained to her sister asking on why she was so late. He noticed that she didn't bring or have any poke puffs on her.