✦ seven ✦

( three and a half months earlier )

rylee laughed loudly, her head tossed back and her eyes squeezed shut as she struggled to catch her breath. ben smacked a hand against her shoulder lightly, causing her take a few steps backwards.

"be serious! i'm trying to show you the correct form, here!" ben bit back a laugh, admiring the huge grin that he was the cause of on her lips.

"i can't be serious when you make stupid comments like that one!" she situated her shirt once she caught her breath. rylee stood next to him again and struck her hands onto her hips. "also when i look like an actually frog in the mirror."

she started laughing again, until ben spoke over her giggles, "but, darling, you look beautiful."

rylee blushed and covered her face with her hands, frowning deeply. "shut the hell up and let's do this thing."

a few of their cast mates, including greg, barrett, iain, demarius, taylor, and brendon, laughed at her comment. they socialized a bit as they watched the scene play out in front of them. taylor was whispering to brendon about the obviously flirting that ben was insinuating, and the look in rylee's eyes as she concentrated on ben teaching her the form for the turn.

rylee placed herself in the way that ben showed her, and he placed his hands on his hips when she was settled. she writhed under his grip, taken off guard by his touch. her stomach fluttered slightly, but she swallowed deeply, causing even more dryness to her throat. 

he turned her hips around, tugging her this way and that way to get the right pose. when he was finished, he stepped back and nodded his head at her for her to make the turn.

rylee, without the slightest bit of confidence, spun on her toe. they gained no friction against the dance floor and her ankle twisted around. her body came tumbling down to the floor as she cursed loudly. everyone jumped to their feet quickly, crowding around rylee to make sure she was okay.

ben was there first, right by her side and holding her foot in his hand. when he pressed a thumb down into her ankle, she hissed and kicked him square in the nose.

"take me to the goddamn hospital right now, please and thank you!" rylee gripped him by the shirt, sticking her face up close to his. "i'm also sorry for kicking you in the face."

ben and taylor accompanied her to the hospital and stood by her as they wrapped her foot up. it would heal quickly, in about two-three weeks.

ben was sat in a chair next to her bed, in his phone. he heard a shuffle from the bed and looked up to see rylee with her foot in her lap as she examined the swelling.

he quickly opened his camera and too a quick snapshot of her. she heard the shutter sound and rolled her eyes with a playful smile.

"thanks for teaching me how to sprain my ankle, btc." she reached over and stuck a hand in his curls, shaking his head around.